Thread: Here Comes The Sun - Tab help needed

Default Here Comes The Sun - Tab help needed

I am trying to learn Here Comes the Sun from the tab found at this location:

http://www.muffin.net.nz/muffin/Pdf_...omesthesun.pdf

I am a little confused about the how to play the forth measure. For example, I thought I needed to play the C and E strings fretting the E string at 2 and playing the C opened. However, when I do this it does not sound right. Any suggestions?

- Jack

It sounds OK to me. The open C is kind of a drone. Have you check to see if your uke is in tune?
    –Lori

UkeLeash.com Ukulele Half-Strap, non-destructive ukulele support, no glue, hooks, or strap button required
    Ukulele Gifts! Ukulele Jewelry, Banjo Uke straps, Guitar Style Straps, Circle of Fifths guides

Westside Ukulele Ensemble

Quote Originally Posted by Lori View Post
    It sounds OK to me. The open C is kind of a drone. Have you check to see if your uke is in tune?
    –Lori
    I have checked and I am in tune. I guess since I am still playing slowly, trying to learn how to pick it, it does not sound right. I just wanted to confirm that I was playing it correctly. i will keep at it. Thank you.

Hi ukujack

When I play "Here Comes the Sun", I play the 4th measure as

----------------0---------------------
    --2--0--2--3--2-----------------------
    --2--2--2--2--2-----------------------
    --------------------------------------

So I fret the 2nd position on C string. It is not incorrect (chord wise) to play open C string (C note is a part of D7 chord) but I think playing the D note (2 fretm C str) will sound more natural.

BY the way, I think you can make a nice solo version if you combine these two TABs together. Maybe I will write it up.....

Cheers
    Chief

Thanks so much. I will give this a try.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnoda View Post
    BY the way, I think you can make a nice solo version if you combine these two TABs together.
    That was precisely where I started out making my arrangement. Check it out if you'd like!

As for the measure in question, I kept it unchanged. I think it sounds great.

Thread Information