10 K Challenge

UkuleleHill

Reaction score
For my 10 thousandth post, I wanted to do something. After talking to some people, I came up with something. I am challenging myself. I have lost weight through UUBL. But I haven't made it to where I want to be. Another thing I want to do is begin to run more regularly. So my new challenge to myself is to run at least 2 5K runs by this time next year.

My first one is going to be the U.S. Air Force Half Marathon on September 18th.

I will be tracking my training and such on my new channel:

http://www.youtube.com/mrdaddyhill

Once I complete the first one, I will decide on another race upcoming. It's hard to decide when I can run another until after the baby comes...

YAY! That's it!

For my 10 thousandth post, I wanted to do something. After talking to some people, I came up with something. I am challenging myself. I have lost weight through UUBL. But I haven't made it to where I want to be. Another thing I want to do is begin to run more regularly. So my new challenge to myself is to run at least 2 5K runs by this time next year.

My first one is going to be the U.S. Air Force Half Marathon on September 18th.

I will be tracking my training and such on my new channel:

http://www.youtube.com/mrdaddyhill

Once I complete the first one, I will decide on another race upcoming. It's hard to decide when I can run another until after the baby comes...

YAY! That's it!

Andy the link won't work for me but I am at work. Now I used to run a lot (over 30 miles a week) and a half marathon isn't a 5k:) But I am assuming that there is a 5k with the half marathon as well? I got some great books and resources that you can use. Why not run 2 5ks and a 10K?

Run Andy Run!

Think of Forest Gump.

Andy the link won't work for me but I am at work. Now I used to run a lot (over 30 miles a week) and a half marathon isn't a 5k:) But I am assuming that there is a 5k with the half marathon as well? I got some great books and resources that you can use. Why not run 2 5ks and a 10K?

Yeah a 5K...

Thanks all! I am going to start trying to do vlogs regularly now that I have hit the 10K mark. I was waiting until that happened...

Whooo-hooo! Go Andy!

Whoo-hoo Andy! Congrats on setting a great goal!

I've also done a lot of racing in my day, and I remember how long a 5k seemed to me, nevermind a 10k! Most people on this planet have never in their life run a 5k, and doing so is a fantastic achievement.

But I gotta tell you, after you've knocked down a 5k or two, suddenly that 10k doesn't seem so imposing. So in my somewhat-experienced opinion, I think setting a goal of running a 10k by this time next year is actually pretty reasonable for most folks. I'm just sayin'...

JJ

Nicely done! Running is some good primitive fun, and the endorphins are delicious.

Way to go Andy. I'll drive my car next to you and yell encouragement when you train in Indiana.:cheers:

Rock on!

Oddly enough, I was talking to my brother about doing 5k's... he basically said you have to treat it like any other day of practice.. So, get used to doing it in the gym, or on your local path, and it'll be easy (so says the triathlete I call my bro.) Just think... The goal is to be smiling like this:
6211_1114509621104_1177854376_30319738_2424114_n.jpg

at the end. (this is my bro after last years NYC triathlon.)

Top Bottom