Frying up some plantains

Can't you switch out the tuning pegs without compromising the original body and then switch them back to original if you decide to sell it?

Can't you switch out the tuning pegs without compromising the original body and then switch them back to original if you decide to sell it?

As long as the new tuners fit in the existing holes, yes. And this one won't ever be sold or given away so the monetary value is far far less than the sentimental value.

As long as the new tuners fit in the existing holes, yes. And this one won't ever be sold or given away so the monetary value is far far less than the sentimental value.
Then I'd switch them for the sake of my own sanity when tuning it.

She's beautiful, Deach. Change those tuners if you feel like it, but definitely keep the old friction tuners around, just in case.

I'm not sure which one I'm hatin' more on...the plantains or the uke....hmmmm. Gotta go grab a snack!

She's actually at the luthier right now getting the frets filed down on the sides. 15 years of being on display in the open air shrunk the neck.

If it were me I'd keep the original tuners on. To me there's just something cool about keeping it the way it was originally built...

Top Bottom