Win a Kanile'a! Official Kanile'a/UU "Spread the Aloha" Ukulele Give-Away Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow wow wow! Enjoyed many of these videos and song presentations. Good luck to everyone! Aloha to all...

"Crazy Love"--loondoo's entry into Ukulele Underground's "Spread the Aloha" contest

Aloha Ukulele Guys & Gals! in my humble opinion, there are few pursuits more noble than the desire to Spread the Spirit of ALOHA, so more power to y'all! : )

It's a little rough, but I hope my humble ukulele rendition of this Van Morrison classic about "Crazy Love" will help to further the cause and will do the song justice.

Here's my entry into the Ukulele Underground "Spread the Aloha" Contest. Aloha!! : )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIhhDO7DUUE

P.S. that Kanile'a Uke looks SWEET!! Best of luck to all the entrants!!

Last edited:

This is my entry for the Kanile'a/UU "Spread the Aloha" Ukulele Contest. I would love to win this beautiful instrument, but my main purpose is to draw attention to the tragedy caused by Tropical Storm "AGATHA" to our friends in San Lucas Guatemala. Mudslides demolished some houses, and filled others with a several foot deep layer of mud. Some people died, buried in the mud or swept away by the deluge. There was also extensive flooding. Other houses are right in the line for further mudslides, and people have been forbidden to return to them. Please help San Lucas rebuild. For more information, go to: http://www.sanlucasmission.org/

My video shows our group with the people of San Lucas last August 2009 (before the mudslides), and since this past May 2010, after storm "AGATHA" devastated the town. "Aloha" -- love, affection, compassion, mercy, sympathy, pity, kindness, sentiment, grace, charity, consideration -- please "Spread the Aloha" !

The YouTube link is : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSjEj6ZkmBc (if needed). The cover is "Not Alone" -- Linkin Park. From the benefit compilation presented by Music for Relief.

Last edited:
I hope I'm not too late. I wanted to do something...err...different for this and am submitting an ABBA medley. My playing is definitely better than my singing to I tried to up the vocals through my laptop and just decided to tweak them and the video itself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYmblkxU-UU

Here's my entry... unfortunately I was out of town most of the month and only was able to do this today... so when my audio started cutting in and out, I had to splice a bunch of clips together to cover the missing audio.
I play this song to calm my little girl down and we sing it at big family get togethers. I've just recently started playing uke and brought it to my family reunion last week and played with everyone in the evenings. To me, Aloha has a lot to do with family. Hope you like the video... its my first attempt and I'm super new to playing music.

Here's our last-minute entry. I just loaded it up to YouTube, so it might look fuzzy at first. My husband Brian wrote a song for this contest, and even learned to play the ukulele. It is a sing/ play-a-long, with lyrics and chord diagrams. Thanks for the inspiration. The edit is a little rougher than I hoped, and it's not perfect, but it is full of Ukulele Aloha!
Our video shoot was at a retired military station, once used as a watchtower for Los Angeles during the Cold War. It is now a public park.
–Lori

HERE IS MINE.
TOO LITTLE TOO LATE? WELL, IT STILL IS 30 JUNE IN HAWAI'I. HAD FUN MAKING THIS. I DON'T SING WELL SO NO SINGING. LOL
NO OIL HERE ON OUR GULF BEACHES (YET).

Last edited:
Thank You to everyone who entered the Kanile'a "Spread the Aloha" Contest!! There were some amazing entries to this one and the judges are still looking through all of the videos and will make their final decision shortly. Sit tight, the winner will be announced soon! Congrats to everyone who put themselves out there and made a video for this contest - way to Spread the Aloha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom