Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Win a Kanile'a! Official Kanile'a/UU "Spread the Aloha" Ukulele Give-Away Contest!

I might enter this... not gonna sing if I do. Singing and playing doesn't work to well for me. That uke is nice.

This is an awesome uke. I have the exact one and it is my baby. The sound monster. Whoever wins this is going to fall in love with a really great and awesome ukulele. Good luck!
    Custom Uke Savings [38%]

Your all so going down.

Me and about 10+ 90 year old women I play the uke with at the retirement center are going to throw down with some "drop baby drop" in falsetto.

Wow, I've never entered a contest before but I think I just might have to the prize is too sweet to pass up!! Good luck everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by wearymicrobe View Post
    Your all so going down.

Me and about 10+ 90 year old women I play the uke with at the retirement center are going to throw down with some "drop baby drop" in falsetto.
    ahh mannnn... I was also going to play with some of the people at the nursing home I volunteer at.. it's ok though I think I've got another idea that'll work.
    Koaloha Soprano Standard Kanile'a K-1 Concert Fender Nohea Tenor

What a killer prize! Spreading aloha with a uke and being competitive against other ukers strikes me as a paradox. Don't you think?

But I think I have a better chance at the former. I may have to give this a shot. But my chops are not that great

I just need to know a few things:

1. Can it be instumental?
    2. Can we do covers?
    3. Is the uke constructed with "Total Resonance Ukulele" cantelevered bracing?

Oh! Okay I got it now, "Aloha" I only thought this was just in translation hello and goodbye, I was thinking "that kind of narrows things by alot" But yeah I get it, i'll just use one of those words you listed Anaka, and convert it into something mind-blowing (hopefully) Good Luck to everybody who's thinking about participating

I have to say this contest prize is something you dont want to skip - One Super Ukulele? Oh Yes Plaaayze!
    you can call me Needo

Quote Originally Posted by experimentjon View Post
    I hope I am not the only one here who read "spread aloha" and chuckled. I swear, I laughed every time Aldrine said it in the film. Where's the outtakes for the intro film? :P Haven't heard that phrase used in a looooong time...can't even find it on urban dictionary...good times....

Well, good luck to everyone who enters the contest. That's a beautiful uke!
    You are not alone xD

The last time I heard it was in the commercial "spread a little aloha around the wooooorrllld"

I can do this! I have this entire time on break, I'll figure something out.....
    Last edited by MisoHappy; 06-08-2010 at 08:54 AM.
    - ローレン

Quote Originally Posted by angelopb View Post
    What a killer prize! Spreading aloha with a uke and being competitive against other ukers strikes me as a paradox. Don't you think?
    This was definitely a dilemma when we were brainstorming the concept for this contest, but the mission of Kanile`a has always been to "Spread Aloha through Music," which we really wanted to incorporate and praise people for. So if you are using your ukulele to put good out into the world, what ever your aspirations may be, the end result of "Spreading Aloha" is all that should really matter, right?

Quote Originally Posted by angelopb View Post
    I just need to know a few things:
    1. Can it be instumental?
    2. Can we do covers?
    3. Is the uke constructed with "Total Resonance Ukulele" cantelevered bracing?
    1. Sure! 2. Of course! 3. Yup. The TRU bracing system is a standard practice on [almost] all Kanile'a ukuleles. If you can find a Kanile'a without it, you've probably got yourself a super-custom or a relic!

Thread Information