Song Help Request A J Leonard - Mistakes

byjimini

Reaction score
Can't figure this out for the life of me, had the song stuck in my head all week.

Youtube link.

The first four chords are:
10gbcs0.jpg

I accidently mistyped the first chord. It should look like this:

|_|_|_|
o_|_|_|
|_|_|_o
|_|_|_|

Sorry guys, I'm sure that doesn't really help much, my computer is too low resolution to see what his fingers are doing after that.
-Tay Webb

Last edited:
I went ahead and ordered it from Amazon UK. Set me back $28, but what the hey? Looks like it might be a collectors item. Hopefully it will be a decent arrangement with some semblance to the chords AJ is using.

I went ahead and ordered it from Amazon UK. Set me back $28, but what the hey? Looks like it might be a collectors item. Hopefully it will be a decent arrangement with some semblance to the chords AJ is using.
Post it up when you get it. :D

I got my sheet music through, can't say I'm that chuffed with it though. It has uke chords but it's not as complex as AJ, in that you're not changing as frequently so it doesn't flow anywhere near as nicely.

I suspect it's really made for those who can read music, but even then there's gaps in there that look as if you just keep playing h e same chord. :/

So now I'm really confuzzled.

got the sheet music!

Just received the sheet music from Amazon UK. It's a pretty basic arrangement for piano with uke chord diagrams. There also seems to be some sort of notation for strumming patterns or something.

It is in the same key as what AJ is playing, that is, C major. AJ is clearly using some harmonic substitutions that are not in this arrangement, but this might give us a start on figuring them out.

C
we make mistakes when we

Cdim (2323)
worry

G7
All over nothing at all

E7 (1202)
we make mistakes that bring heart

Am (2003)
aches and the

D7 (2223)
tear drops fall like

G7 G#5 (0332)
rain drops

C
we make mistakes and feel

Cdim (2323)
sorry

C7
when we've made somebody

F A7
blue but

F
I made the

Cdim (2323)
biggest mis-

C
take

E7
of

A7
all when

D7
I said good

Fm (1013) G7
bye

Csus (0013)
to

C Cdim F G7
you

Looks like he uses a B instead of the Cdim.

Wow, thanks for posting the main chords - that's a huge help! I'm working on figuring out AJ's arrangement, and will post my attempt as soon as I can.

Beautiful song!!!

Also looks like he transitions from C to Cmaj7 at "mistakes". The piano part also shows this, but they didn't do it for the uke.

Okay, here's my shot at it. He does some improv and embellishments that I'm not good enough to catch, but this puts us in the ballpark. For example, during the solo I think he plays an Fm7 instead of the F over the word "rain."

Enjoy, and thanks for bringing this great song to our attention!

Attachments

• Mistakes..pdf
    17 KB · Views: 75
Yes I went through the video many times (OCD's do come in handy) and the PDF file by Thumper is pretty well spot on

Great work guys!

Anybody have an idea what this notation on the sheet music might mean? Looks something like this:

| d' :-:t .d' | t :- :m .s | t :- :- | l :- :- | etc.

an alternate version in G

Doug, I have no idea what those symbols mean. Weird.

Anyhoo, I don't have a nice high singing voice like AJ, so I did another arrangement of the song, moving it down to the key of G. I made a couple of changes to some of the chord progressions, so it's not a verbatim transposition of AJ's arrangement. But I think it's fun to play, and this puts the song in a register where I can actually sing it.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Mistakes in G..pdf
    16.7 KB · Views: 46

Anyhoo, I don't have a nice high singing voice like AJ, so I did another arrangement of the song, moving it down to the key of G. I made a couple of changes to some of the chord progressions, so it's not a verbatim transposition of AJ's arrangement. But I think it's fun to play, and this puts the song in a register where I can actually sing it.

Enjoy!

Great! The key of C doesn't work well for my vocal range, either. Thanks for all your effort on this!

Enjoy!

Ooh, just strummed through it, very sweet arrangement, I think it's better than AJ's.

Top Bottom