Aloha from Manila, Philippines

black_dahlia

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm Anna, and i'm a noob(obviously) :D I am currently residing here in Manila, Philippines and been playing the ukulele for almost a year now. I don't know a lot of ukelele players in manila so i hope to meet some in here. :)

Aloha Anna, Welcome to UU, nice to see more and more 'ukulele enthusiasts from The Philippines joining up here. I LOVE my made in the Philippines Mele 'ukulele. Looking forward to your contributions here.

Welcome to UU :) A fellow Filipina here (well, half!) from Minnesota.

How is all in Manila? What kind of uke are you playing?

-Tiffany

Last edited:
Also a fellow Filipino, here! Welcome to UU. :)

Welcome to UU! Filipina here :) I'm actually taking a trip to the manila next month. Not sure whether to bring my uke overseas or not >.<

Welcome to the UU forum!!! Was in Manila but mostly Ilocos Norte 2 years ago!!! My wife is Ilocana....

Aloha Black_dahlia,
Pinoy Power!!!you go girl!! Welcome to the UU!!!Not much ukulele players over there eh!!
Well, we've got alot over here..for sure...If you need motivation, go to You Tube and watch ukulele
videos...Ukulele Passion= Practice, patience, and perserverance...Good Luck Anna and "Keep strumming
them strings" Ukuleles are forevers!!! MM Stan...

Hi everyone. Thanks for the warm welcome. I wish to learn alot more of ukulele stuff here and meet awesome people. :)

@tiffany - I honestly don't know what kind of ukulele i use..lol.. I bought it from a local store here and it's pretty decent for its price. It has 17 frets (i'm guessing it's a tenor, based on a thread i read). Although, I started out with a cheap ukulele that I bought for only 400php then when I am good enough to play, I invested on a more expensive one.

Manila is super.. u should visit sometime. :)

i am new here also so i am always hesitant to welcome new members but i can't pass up the chance to say hi to an ukulele player who may be just around the corner: welcome to the uu forum anna! :)

in u.p. diliman, quezon city... ikaw? been playing the uke for three months plus. i know a few songs but in the same one or two chord progressions. kinda stuck right now and i want to move on to fingerpicking, read tabs, and do solos (mostly because i can't sing :)). how are you with your uke playing skills?

in u.p. diliman, quezon city... ikaw? been playing the uke for three months plus. i know a few songs but in the same one or two chord progressions. kinda stuck right now and i want to move on to fingerpicking, read tabs, and do solos (mostly because i can't sing :)). how are you with your uke playing skills?

I'm in Sta. Mesa now.. i started playing like a year ago but it was on and off.. but now i enjoy playing it more than my gitar..lol

Hey Anna,
Just checked out your YouTube page. You have a beautiful voice! Great uke videos :)

-Tiffany

Hi BLack Dahlia,

Do you play any diatonic harmonicas?

One of your videos says you only had a uke for 3 days yet, you played a full song.

Did you play guitar before and that is the reason you picked it up so well?

Hi BLack Dahlia,

Do you play any diatonic harmonicas?

One of your videos says you only had a uke for 3 days yet, you played a full song.

Did you play guitar before and that is the reason you picked it up so well?

yeah i had some background on the guitar. i guess that's why it was easier for me to learn the uke. and that was a diatonic harmonica i was playing on the other vid (although i suck at it) lol

Aloha Anna,
Awesome voice you have, I like the I'm yours you sang..Maybe better than the original..
and your ukulele playing I enjoyed too!! You go girl!!!!Pretty cool! "Keep on strumming them
strings" MM Stan...

Top Bottom