Song Help Request Everyone Says I Love You-Marx Brothers version from Horse Feathers

FruitLoop21

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I found the chords to this song, but it just feels like there are far too many chords. They sound right but I was hoping for a more simplified version. My dad and I want to play it at my sisters wedding and I would sincerely appreciate any help I could get. The song is from the Marx Brothers movie Horse Feathers.

Here is the link to the music I found.

http://www.marx-brothers.org/listening/music_frames.htm?title=evryone&id=7&source=M

Are you skipping the opening verse? I think you could probably skip the middle chord of each measure when there are 3 chords per measure. I wouldn't try to simplify it too much.

EDIT: I just tried it with just 2 chords per measure and it sounds fine.

Last edited:
Lots of fun. At one point I was working out the chords as Groucho does it. I will have to find it. In the meantime,

I love it just because of the tuning.

troyota1955 included the chords in her simplified version:

When I make 'em up they end up pretty simple! Here's what I did:
Intro: C G7 C
Verse 1: C G7 / C F / C Fm G7 / C (G7)
Verse 2: C G7 / C F / C Fm G7 / C (B7)
Bridge 1: Em B7 Em / G D7 Fm G7
Then repeat for Verse 3, 4, Bridge 2
Last verse: C G7 / C F / C Fm G7 / C G7 / C C+F7 C

Yep, definitely skipping the opening, mostly cuz I dont know that part. I just like the parts the Marx brothers do in the vids you posted. Thank you sooooo much for your help! My sister will love this for her wedding!

Uke version in C

Hey guys,
I found the chords to this song, but it just feels like there are far too many chords. They sound right but I was hoping for a more simplified version. My dad and I want to play it at my sisters wedding and I would sincerely appreciate any help I could get. The song is from the Marx Brothers movie Horse Feathers.

Here is the link to the music I found.

http://www.marx-brothers.org/listening/music_frames.htm?title=evryone&id=7&source=M

Thanks for the link to the sheet music! I was looking for a version for a while. I modified it to basically 2 chords per measure and transposed it into C to make it easier to play on the uke, yet still maintain most of the song's richness. I also included all the words from the movie. Hope this is still relevant for someone. Enjoy!

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab...yone_says_i_love_you_ver3_crd.htm#com_4842486

Here's how I play it, a pretty simple version. Some people are wary of Bb but I had to learn it because it appears a lot when I have to transpose a song to suit my vocal range. I skipped the verses sung by Chico in the movie because it seems like they were kind of better suited for his character and accent and I couldn't make them sound right. Zeppo's verses appear first as they do in the movie followed by Groucho's verses. (Chico's verses would have appeared in the middle as they did in the movie.)

Everyone Says I Love You

[F] Everyone says [C7] I love you
[F] The cop on the corner and the [Bb] burglar too
[F] The preacher in the pulpit and the [C7] man in the pew say [F] I love you [C7]

[F] Everyone no [C7] matter who
[F] The folks over eighty and the [Bb] kid of two
[F] The captain and the sailor and the [C7] rest of the crew say [F] I love you [C7]

[Am] There are only [E7] eight little letters in this [Am] phrase you’ll find
[C] But they mean a [G7] lot more than all the other [C] words [Cmaj7]com[C7]bined.

[F] Everywhere [C7] the whole world through
[F] The king in the palace and the [Bb] peasant too
[F] The tiger in the jungle and the [C7] monk in the zoo say [F] I love you [C7]

[F] Everyone [C7] says I love you
[F] But just what they say it for [Bb] I never knew
[F] It’s just inviting trouble for the [C7] poor sucker who says [F] I love you.[C7]

[F] Take a pair [C7] of rabbits who
[F] Get stuck on each other and be[Bb]gin to woo
[F] And pretty soon you’ll find a million [C7] more rabbits who say [F] I love you [C7]

[Am] When the lion [E7] gets feeling frisky and be[Am]gins to roar
[C] There’s another [G7] lion who knows just what he’s [C] roar[Cmaj7]ing [C7] for

[F] Everything [C7] that ever grew
[F] The goose and the gander and the [Bb] gosling too
[F] The duck upon the water when he [C7] feels that way too says [F]quack, quack, quack. [F]I .. [C7] love…[F] you

Last edited:
PM or email me. I have the original song sheet in PDF format. I'll email it...

Top Bottom