Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Add a "luthier's" section?

Default Add a "luthier's" section?

That's mostly where I find myself posting at the Cosmos.

I freely admit to being more of a builder than a player, so it seems like an appropriate place to post things about current projects without coming across as crass self-promotion. I mean, you know... that's what it's for .

And a lot of the non-builders seem to enjoy stopping in as well. Just an idea...

I really like the idea of this, especially when more and more people begin to embark on the journey of luthiery. WIP (work-in-progress) threads could be made there to organize and make a journal of the process (like acabooe).

It's a great idea, for repairs as well as building. It would be a really practical and useful addition to the forum. Good one.

a section under uke talk would be cool, if it gets big enough then it could be moved to the front page.

This would be sweet, I loved following the progress of Acabooe's build. It's always nice to see something come together.

I think a Luthier's section would be very helpful too!

I support the idea as well. I have sonsidered building my own uke, so connecting with those who have experience is always a good thing.

What a great idea. I also enjoyed Acabooe's progress. I'm sure it would help people building their own What brave people!

Bayview Township, Bayfield County, WI USA

No skills as a woodworker to every attempt to build a uke. But have always been interested in the design concepts and building techniques of the uke. A Luthier Section would be real helpful in more or less consolidating the whole range of elements that are involved in building, maintenance, repair and set up of the 'ukulele. There are probably a few members of this site that are luthiers. This will give them an opportunity to share their knowledge and link their sites. Discovering the many relatively "unknown" builders out there through exposure on this site would be interesting.
    Noel V.

Default Budding Luthier

That would be great to have a Luthier's section. I just ordered a kit from Hana Lima Ia and I am going to try a concert uke. Wish me luck!!

Thread Information