Mainland Mango

Kitsune

Reaction score
I'm looking for a second ukulele and I want to buy one that's got a very mellow sound. I'm thinking about purchasing a Mainland pineapple soprano made from mango wood. Any opinions about this particular ukulele and does anyone know any good sellers that stock it?

I'm looking for a second ukulele and I want to buy one that's got a very mellow sound. I'm thinking about purchasing a Mainland pineapple soprano made from mango wood. Any opinions about this particular ukulele and does anyone know any good sellers that stock it?

Mainland "Ukuleles is about as good a place as any to purchase one: http://shop.mainlandukuleles.com/pr...45922A.qscstrfrnt02?productId=38&categoryId=3

Mango the mellowest of the 3 available woods the other two being Mahogany (happy medium), and Red Cedar/Rosewood (loudest). The pineapple soundboard has the surface area closer to a concert size so a similar sound and volume to a concert. I LOVE pineapples. ;)

I have a Mainland Mango Concert, and it is one of my favorite ukuleles. It has that mellow mango tone (like my Kala Mango Tenor) but it also has a bit of sparkle in the top end of the tone. Good intonation too. I got mine directly from the Mainland Ukulele website.

–Lori

Looks like I'm seriously have to consider buying it then, can't wait!

I have a Mainland Mango Pineapple - just put it away actually. It's my favorite.

Top Bottom