Any Experience with Yamaha E423 Keyboard?

gnordenstam

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a portable keyboard. I'm not a keyboard player, but can pick out a few songs.

I was in a music shop the other day to pick up some strings, and started fooling around with some of the keyboards. I've since started doing a little research online and have been looking at the Yamaha E423, one of the keyboards I played with at the store.

So, if anyone has experience with the Yamaha E423 keyboard, or can recommend a good starter keyboard under $300.00, I'm all ears!

Thanks,
--G

not with that specific keyboard, but having worked in a music shop in the past - Yamaha are a very reliable brand by comparison to those others in a similar price range and this one looks great with the pitch bend wheel and controller knobs. I guess the main question is what are you using it for? If you don't need the bells or whistles or are using a computer with a good sound card, then why not get a controller keyboard for less than half the price and with as many knobs as you can manage and you'll have an amazing sounding keyboard with loads of editing features for half the cost...

If you just want to learn to noodle around on a keyboard, this looks like a good choice. The built-in speakers will come in handy.

I agree with Farmerboy that you could also just buy a keyboard controller (like the M-Audio keystation) for your computer. Not quite as portable, but flexible and maybe cheaper.

But if your long-term goal is to really learn the piano, the E423 might not be the one for you. The keys are unweighted, and there are only 61 of them. The Yamaha YPG-235 could be a better way to go in that case. All depends on what you want to do.

JJ

Top Bottom