Gorge Uke Fest. Hood River, OR.

I am already registered, Char & Gordon are super people and I am sure it will a first class gathering for a good cause as well.

Sometimes it is a bummer living on a tropical island. Cool stuff like this seldom occurs. I would give my eyeteeth to attend something cool like that.

It can also be a bummer to live on a boreal forest/taiga island. I hope to get out and find some other ukers to jam with and learn from this summer, but right now... Well, I'm grateful for UU.

What a fun weekend! Now the sound guy will NEVER leave a glass of wine above the sound board again... Thank you to those who took the time to find me and introduce yourselves! I wish I had more time to play :)

That put a real kink in the schedule, but it was a long show for the audience.
I too wish there had been some more playing time for us amateur attendees.
Thanks to Char & Gordon for a great festival.

Hopefully we can extend things by a day next year and have an all out jam/sing along with all of the attendees. I tried to stay at the pizza place longer but the workers didn't really seem that keen on staying... I'm sure things will be different next year but it was still an amazing weekend!

It was a blast, even if I missed both concerts. :p

Hmmm...maybe they could just have a jam room, that you could go to any ol' time of day, if you felt like skipping one of the class sessions?

What a fun weekend! Now the sound guy will NEVER leave a glass of wine above the sound board again... Thank you to those who took the time to find me and introduce yourselves! I wish I had more time to play :)

Ah! I was wondering why things were so late. I'd gone to get some dinner with my girl and came back, was hoping to jam after like last year.

Good weekend, and the workshop sessions were very good and diverse. It was a kick to meet so many of the artists and fellow ukers. Looking forward to next year :)

jealous

My sister Eileen Rock went to Gorge Ukefest and said it was awesome. She lives in White Salmon and she is an avid uker.
if you were there, you might know her from Sat's breakfast (she had to coordinate it with her friend Adam). She particularly enjoyed the classes James Hill held on uke choir and sad songs. She also mentioned the triplet strum giving her trouble!

Craig, What happened with the soundboard! Did it short out?!

Hope to be there next year!

Ah, just a freak accident, but they were able to make it work after a little tweaking. Although we had a late start everyone sounded great. Hope to see there you next year!

Thanks Craig! I really like the videos you have up on your page - and I saw you studied for some time with Jake and Troy? What must that have been like?!
I

Thank you for taking a look! Working with Jake was absolutely amazing. It really pushed me to look at the ukulele from the outside while keeping what makes the instrument stay true to sounding like an ukulele. Lots of really cool theory from his classes. Troy was a blast to work with, though it was a bit different since he plays mostly by ear. I love being able to pick up on all these different things and implementing them differently into my workshops :)

Top Bottom