Internet radio stations with uke?

brucemoffatt

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has favorites or suggestions for internet radio stations featuring uke?

Bruce in Adelaide

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has favorites or suggestions for internet radio stations featuring uke?

Bruce in Adelaide

i just type "Victoria Vox" in to pandora :)

I play www.hawaiianrainbow.com There is a great mix of Hawaiian Mele, some uke, some slack key guitar, some old, some new. Best is crystal clear and no commercials!!

Aloha molokinirum much mahalo for the hawaiirainbow tip. Already put on my favorites. Hope your enjoying a long weekend under a coconut palm bruddah.

Hey molokinirum, thanks for the station, it is great!!!

Great link... the hawaiian rainbow has a nice iPhone app "free" :)

What if you don't want Hawaiian music? I've tried, but I can't figure out how to get Pandora to play Tin Pan Alley and Ukulele covers. Whatever I put in says something like, "You chose a complex musical melody punctuated by multiple sound textures and highlighting unusual instruments blah blah blah..."

Why can't I just tell it, give me some ukulele music without Hawaiian music, with singing and an upbeat tempo? I don't want guitar or zither or dulcimer.

I've taken to chasing the sound I want on Youtube, but that gets pretty time consuming. I want to listen at work, but work uses Internet Explorer 6 and Youtube doesn't like that. I can't upgrade.

Thanks for any help.

I've taken to chasing the sound I want on Youtube, but that gets pretty time consuming. I want to listen at work, but work uses Internet Explorer 6 and Youtube doesn't like that. I can't upgrade.

Thanks for the links, but neither of them work with my setup unfortunately.

I did get the songza to work for a few minutes, but it cut out during a ukulele cover of Rush's Spirit of Radio. That was exactly what I was looking for, but I can't get it to work now.

I'm trying to build, or rather teach Pandora how to build a Ukulele radio station. It seems no matter how many ukulele song examples or how many ukulele artists I give it, the durn software keeps coming up with guitar stuff or orchestral stuff. I really wish you could type in what kind of INSTRUMENT you want to hear.

I used to be able to use Live365 too, but that stopped working a couple of months ago.

Top Bottom