Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: B flat chord

Default B flat chord

I have trouble fingering B flat. Right now I just mute the A string. Could someone HABU?

a B flat should be the first fret of the A and E string with your index finger, the second fret C string with your middle, and the third fret G string with your ring finger. kind of going at a diagonal.

unless your doing the B flat from the 5th fret witch is like doing a G note on the 5th fret with a 7th fret G string with it.

at most i would just say keep practicing. im still working on "im yours" fingering before i even work on the song.

good luck, hope i did some help lol.

Are you having problems holding down all the strings to get a clean sound? Try rotating your wrist holding the chord to the left a little more. Sometimes that helps.

i bar the whole first fret, then middle on c-string, ring finger on g.

i see a lot of people do 1/2 bar with just A and E string...but i find it a lot easier if u bar the whole first fret. and plus then u can slide it up and down much easier!

My problem is my index finger will not cover both strings. So I think that I will try working on barring the first fret deal. I have to work at getting my finger muscles to do things they have never done.
    I have not tried using movable chords going up the neck yet. I see people on you tube playing songs and try to figure out the chords sometimes. When I see the hand go higher up the neck, I say "dang, movable chord" that is something I need to work on too.

Thanks for the advice.

In a tiny rock in the middle of the sea :D

Hmm.. that was a problem I had when I first started as well. It just took practice and slowly progressing. Try just concentrating on the A and E strings for now and worry about the others later. Try pressing the A, and E with your pointer finger. Then once you're comfortable enough on this, add another finger. Try the A,E, and C. Add that middle finger and making sure not to touch the others and it just hovers over the rest and only presses the C string (run on sentence lol)

So instead of taking everything on at one time, you can set a pace for yourself and take on things one step at a time.

Pace yourself. As my former band director always said "Perfect practice makes perfect"
    GET AWESOME!
    Eater of all chocolate.
    YouTube UkuleleOVERSOUL

I have been looking at videos and I see that I have to move my thumb around to the back of the neck to be able to hit that chord. It helps to be able to see people playing. The lessons on Iamhawaii.com are also very helpfull.

Thank you

Default Aarrggghhh! The B Flat chord is the spawn of Satan!

There. I feel much better having gotten that off my chest.

Carry on. Nothing to see here. Just a frustrated newbie facing a song with about a zillion B flats in it.

Basic rule for learning chords:
    Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice.
    And have a glass of wine*.

Repeat as required.
    ~~~~~
    * For mature members, only, of course. tea or fruit juice for the younger members!
    Ian
    -------------------------------------------
    Utque sacerdotis fugitivus liba recuso
    pane egeo mellitis potiore placentis.

I'm like that priest's slave who ran away because
    They fed him honey cakes and he longed for bread.

Horace: Epistle X
    Ukulele reviews * Vintage Uke Music * Tequila * Henry Hudson * Harmonica reviews * Blog

Ah, so I should drink more. Excellent advice - I'll get right on that!

Oh, and it seems like there was one other thing you suggested that I do, but I've forgotten what it was. I'm sure it will come back to me after a little more wine...

Thread Information