Ok it's been about a year now and I still don't now any songs

Keef

Reaction score
But that is because I made up my own and I keep playing it over and over and over for about a year now sometimes I make mistakes that sound good so I add them to the song and this is how it's been evolving and because it's just me teaching me I think I am actualy developing a style of my own.
Call
me crazy I've got a Sceptre tenor on the wall but I just can't take my hands off my koa pili koko pinapple uke that I got in a trade

Aloha Keef,
Long time no hear.....I hope all is well!!! What I learned, is to play new songs and techniques to evolve and keep everything intresting and be motivated..everyone plateau's every so often...new inspiration gets
you back on the tracks so to speak....I just bought two Koa Pili Koko's and love them dearly....my newest fun ukes....and the price is very reasonable too, for the amount of sound you get...gave one away to a dear friend...I've recommended them to a few members and a couple called me back and said wow!!! sounds awesome...they are under the radar so to speak of their quality and sound....MM Stan

I guess I would suggest picking a simple song first. Pick out the melody notes and then put the chords around them. It works for me, but then again, what do I know. Uke is all about the fun.

I'm not quite sure what it is about this pili koko but it begs to be played fast and it is magicly forgiving to my mistakes I've noticed that when I tune it that when I pluck the string it travels through the correct note it dosent just go there and stay I'm sure most would say that's bad but I'm thinking that's what gives it a unique sound

I have you beat by a year and I am soooo tired of my own frikken little two year old song that I'm sure at least a half million ukers already play. I have worked so many different tweaks into it, probably not 2% as nice as yours.

BUT I am finally getting a little bit better on Raindrops Keep Fallin On My Head (every time I stick my head out the door actually, raining 2 days straight now here in L.A.) but I don't make the practice time I want and need or plan it and something happens.

Planned to re-string a new uke today and the boss called and I ended up working 4 hours remotely on something stupid, one of them spent explaining that his email program was toast because every other version of the email I sent was fine, in my client, his server, copies he sent back to me, etc., and that I guaranteed it would be fine for the recipients... even though he "hated bothering me on the weekend", but it will help pay for the hubby's new RC dirt track racer truck, which is awesome, and hubby said he'd buy my two new uke cases, and add a bottle of booze and so we're even. Too funny, the guitar I got him he had his first lesson on today but it doesn't count as a gift because he said he didn't want it even though he really likes it. :/

So I'm up til 3am getting my 4 hours of uke time back!

Thanks for the inspiration Keef, stummin' to sound of your own strings. You sound super sane to me. Missed you around too!

You gotta play whatever interests you. Not everyone is a cover-song kind of person. If you prefer to make up your own tunes, then stick to that.

But in order to advance your skills u might want to start a new song. Try to spark your creativity by learning some new chords, strumming rhythms, or by trying some finger picking or something!

If you are interested in the sound of blues, you may benefit from the uke minutes about the 12 bar blues and pentatonic/blues scale improvisation on top of this. You can either find a friend to play together or record the 12 bar en play along with this while improvising. This will provide you with the freedom of doing you're own thing and you don't have to play the same thing over and over (unless you want to). You can learn new techniques to improve on this or just work with the skills you already have.

But most important, the uke is about fun and it seems that you already have that. :)

Keef! Been missing you, buddy. I even started a "Where's Keef?" thread a week or so ago. :)

I think that your quest has resonated w/my own - you've given me inspiration more than once to persevere - eventually it will come. I appreciate your persistence.

I hope to own a Sceptre one day as well - I have a similar experience to your KPK, though w/my Red Cedar Mainland tenor. It is just my go-to uke.

Have a great holiday season, brother & keep strumming!

Top Bottom