What size was your first ukulele and what size do you play now?

Started with a tenor. Still prefer a tenor. I have some sopranos, but sold off all my concerts.

Well, my first was a crappy toy from a souvenir shop in Hawaii, it was a little bit smaller then Soprano size. My first real one was a Tenor, and I still prefer the Tenor over anything else.

Soprano was my first, had a concert but prefer the soprano.

1st. - Kala Concert, then a bunch of soprano's, then a concert Pineapple, then a couple of Mainland Tenors & a couple more sopranos!

Now? My KoAloha Super Concert (concert body & Tenor neck) is probably my "go-to" uke, but the others still get a lot of play time.

I always find this interesting. It seems like most start with soprano. How about you? I started with a concert and soprano , early addiction.

Started out with a Mainland Honeybee, Soprano. Tried a couple of concerts. Prefer a sorano.

I started with a soprano. Later I purchased a tenor and strung it with low G.

Most of the time the tenor is easier for me to sing along with. But there are some songs that are just purely "soprano" songs.

That's interesting how so many people stuck with the size they first had.

I got a concert first, but now I'm a tenor lady through and through.

That's interesting how so many people stuck with the size they first had.

I got a concert first, but now I'm a tenor lady through and through.

I have wondered about that. I never played a string instrument before so my very first ever was the soprano and I wonder if I had started with any other size if that is what my preference would have been.

Roxhum

Top Bottom