Need help big time - romantic wedding band inscription

chiefnoda

Reaction score
Hello

I appeal for the collective intelligence of the forum. My ladyfriend recently told me that she wants a wedding ring/band. Before I could say "you're getting married!?!", she added "from you!"

Considering she agreed to go to the Kamaka Factory and let me test drive a few, and even encouraged me to purchase one (a Kamaka Tenor), she is a good person so I have not much objection to it and to the idea that I'm supposed to pay for it. No problem.

Now however, she wants me to come up with an inscription (up to 20 letters). She said "make it romantic and I want to be surprised"....... I honestly don't know if she knows me. So I'm stuck and need your help! Desparately. Romantic, I am not......

I bounced around the idea with my buddies, and they suggested

Red Sox 2004 and 2007 or Patriots 2001 2003 2004 or "Go Sox Go Pats"

I was fond of "Brady 12 - Welker 83" but after the Sunday's game

Connolly 63

seems more romantic and meaningful.

Our secretary, Christina, said "get real" and she said "you like the Beatle. Pick a song"

Let It Be, Hey Jude, Help!

Here There & Everywhere [20 letter max]

I may end up using my address and phone number.......

She likes Hawaii. Should I use "Aloha" or "Mahalo"? Aside from these two words, I know "Macademia", "Kamaka", "Mauna Loa", "Kona"......

Thanks, I appreciate any help - wacky is fine. Go outside the box.:D

Cheers
Chief

PS: I have a feeling my play time will be reduced. "itsme"-san, my pace of transcription may get even slower.....

If she encourages your uke habit, does she have a sister? ;)

I'm with mm stan's opinion, if you both love Hawaii try one of these:

I love you - aloha au ia'oe
I am my beloveds' and my beloved is mine - O Wau Me Oe Kealoha A O Oe Kealoha Me Ia'a
I pledge my love to you alone - Ka'u Ia E Lei A'e Nei La
May our love last forever - E Hoomau Maua Kealoha
My beloved - Ku'u Lei
My love is yours - Nau ko`u aloha
Sweetheart - ku' uipo
To my love - Ia Iho Ke Aloha

Let's Get It On.

How about "something romantic". :D I have a friend who's wife engraved his with "It's a trap!" That's my fave.

Do you have a pet name for her, a song you both really like or some sort of inside joke? Or you could always google "ring inscriptions" for some ideas. Good luck!

Let's Get It On.

Uh, ok. But what what about cheifnoda's inscription? heh heh

I suggest "Spatula City" (see 0:45 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XbCWmY0eqY ) When my wife (20 years and counting) and I were dating, the Weird Al movie UHF came out and we went on a date to the theater. For our first Christmas together, I bought and wrapped her a spatula. It's the only present I ever made or bought for her that generated an audible gasp upon opening. We still have it.

Top Bottom