Song Help Request Clair De Lune- Claud Debussy

Sugoi_boy

Reaction score
Looked around online and found absolutely no Uke tabs for this song, anybody have some?
All i could find was one video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Rr_YzIqUYBQ

this piece would sound great on uke.

thanks guys

aloha

Ugh.

cut to a few weeks later:

i have been searching the internet with no luck. apparently one of the greatest composers of all time has nary been considered for any ukulele transcription. Ive scoured ukulele link list sites, arbitrary chord sites, tab archives- not a version to be seen.

i was just hoping that someone hereabouts can reciprocate my love of Debussy- or is as dessicated of joy as I have become in light of the failed attempts to find even chords for it.

:( as if it were possible, i stand before you a sad ukulele player.

please help UU. youre my only hope.
r2leia.jpg

Last edited:
I'd second that

I agree that this would be a wonderful piece to play. Let's hope that some good ukulele players can find some time to Tab it. :music:

Hm, well, do you have the sheet music for it? Yo ucould try tabbing it out yourself.

Maybe if I visit my parents' house this week I can grab the sheet music.

Transposed up 12 frets (T = Ten), (W= tWelve), (I= fIfteen) - I guess it's a start. (Thanks to twelvefrets.com)

A|------T--------T------------7------------7---5---7----5------------5----------------3---5----3-----7------
E|--3---W-------W------------8------------8---7---8----7------------7------------3---5---7----5-----8------
C|--4---------------------------------------8--------------------------------------4-------------------------
G|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A|--7-----3----------2---3----2------------2----------------0---2----0---5---0--------0---------------------
E|--8-----5------1---3---5----3------------3------------1------------1-----------3-------3----3---1---3----
C|---------------2----------------------------------------------------------------5------------0------------
G|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A|--------------------------------7---8----7---W---7----5---7---5---5---3---5----3------------2------------
E|--1------------0----------------------------------------------------3------------3------------3-----3------
C|--2-------------------------0------------0--------------------------4------------4-------------------------

A|---------------T------------7----------------5---7----5------------5----------------3---5-----T------------
E|------3---3----8------------8----------------5--------5------------5----------------3---------8------------
C|--0---4---4----------------------------------5--------5------------5----------------4---------------------

A|--7------------7---5---7----5------------3------------3---3---5----W-----T------T-----7------7---5---7----
E|--8------------8---5--------5------------------------------3--------W------------W----------------5--------
C|-------------------5--------5-----------------------------------------------------------------------5--------

A|--5-----3------3-----0------3------------I------------
E|--5------------5------------3-------------I------------
C|----------------------------4-------------------------
G|------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
How would one go about trying to tab this out?

Last edited:
Great tab! I'm a beginner, so it's taking me a while to figure it out, but so far it sounds gorgeous.

Has anyone recorded themselves playing this on uke? I learn best by ear so if someone has, that would be a great help! Thanks!

PDF attached..

Thanks to my search for claire de lune tab on google, I have just joined this forum to see the zip file you provided. Having downloaded the file, I started playng the first two bars and felt such immeasureable joy, I had to put down my uke to say thanks.. THANKS!! This is one of the most beautiful and hypnotic pieces of music, and I did not think it possible to play it on a simple soprano uke, and yet!

Thank You

I'm a beginner. This is, as stated above, orgasm.

Hey guys!

Also a beginner here, I could definitely use some help with the fingering...I sound all choppy and stupid. Some help would be awesome!!!

Welcome to UU, munkee! You should introduce yourself here:

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?38-New-Member-Introductions

Hey guys!

Also a beginner here, I could definitely use some help with the fingering...I sound all choppy and stupid. Some help would be awesome!!!
To be honest, this is not really a beginner's piece.

You might want to start with something a little easier. Wilfried Welti's "Solobuch" has a lot of fairly easy classical pieces in it.

http://ukulelehunt.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/solobuch.pdf

Top Bottom