Disney Ukulele

Papa Tom

Reaction score
I finally got a little nervous about my four-year-old grandson whipping my ukes around when he does his "ROCK 'N' ROLL!!!!!" routine, so I went out and bought him a little after-Christmas present.

His new $20 Toy Story 3 "Woody" uke has an all-plastic body, geared tuners with screw-locks(!), and a set of Martin strings that I took off one of my ukes. I've gotta say, I've been playing it all day and the thing is pretty darned cool. Its tone is about as good as many of the $50-75 ukes out there and it has held its tuning amazingly well.

If you have a little one that you'd like to get started on the uke but you don't want to spend a bundle, I'd check these out at Toys R Us, although someone mentioned that they were available at WalMart for half the price a few weeks back. They come in Toy Story 3, Cinderella, and a few other Disney character models.

Now excuse me...I'm going back to play it some more!

Thanks for the info. There was a contest to win a Toy Story uke a few month's ago, so lots of people started checking them out and the verdict seem to be that for the cost they were a good little player. Your four year old has a good little uke:) Well, if he can pry it from your hands.
DAP

Aloha Papa Tom,
Nice to hear you're passing the ukulele on within your family...lots fo nice memories now and in the future....Have Fun and enjoy!!!! happy strummings!! MM Stan

Aloha Papa Tom,
Nice to hear you're passing the ukulele on within your family...lots fo nice memories now and in the future....Have Fun and enjoy!!!! happy strummings!! MM Stan

What he said! It is awesome to see the kids light up when they get their first ukulele. My 4 year old decided on a Mainland Reggae-Gecko. Ya mon he says now.

attachment.php

MUST change out strings--I have some Martins around somewhere.

Next on agenda: build a case using a box and some Toy Story imprinted fleece!

Top Bottom