Song Help Request Shake Your Sillies Out by Raffi

Delyla

Reaction score
Hi All,

I do not play the ukulele but I have one and need to learn to play just one simple children's song.

It is "Shake Your Sillies Out" by, Raffi. I have googled, but can only find guitar chords.

I volunteer to read stories to children ever week at my local library. We always begin Story Hour by singing this song together. I thought it might be more fun if I could play along on my ukulele. Might be nicer on the ears too, as I have a horrific singing voice. :)

Can anyone help?

I need the chords or tabs, right?

Here is a guy teaching how to play the song on guitar. Maybe that is helpful. He gives the guitar chords.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCbhUejK2E8

Thanks!

Last edited:
The guitar chord names are the same names as the ukulele ones! I do Shake Your Sillies Out to start our storytime at the library every time- it's awesome for getting rid of the wiggles. :) However I don't play this one on the uke, because I am being insanely silly and wiggly and flopping all over the place while we sing... it'd be impossible. hehe.

Here are the chords, though!

Code:
G                   C         G
Gonna shake, shake, shake my sillies out,
D7                  G
Shake, shake, shake my sillies Out,
G         C        G
Shake, shake, shake my sillies out,
       D7                        G
And wiggle my waggles away.

The chords are the same for each verse.

Thanks!

I would just use a guitar, but I don't have one. Also, I live on tropical island so a ukulele seems more appropriate.

Thanks a ton. Hope the kiddos like it. :)

I know they will! I think I'd have a mini-kiddo-riot on my hands if I didn't shake our sillies out one day; it's that popular with them. Just be as ridiculous as possible, and you'll be a hero! ;) And I definitely recommend using a uke in storytime too! I feel like it's more accessible and fun for the kids, and they're always pumped when you grab it.

strumming

Can you help me with the strum pattern too?

I am an idiot.

Top Bottom