EleUke Poll: Would you buy a SWIRL?

Would you buy a EleUke SWIRL?

• I'd buy more than one

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

eleukeusa

Reaction score
eleuke_swirl.jpg

Hello all, remember a long time ago at Summer NAMM we had this crazy little idea to do a super limited run of 12 dipped "Swirl" ukes? Well, we thought that there was a pretty good response to that, so I want to know: if we did another limited run, would you buy one? They're very difficult to produce and a little expensive ($399ish), but we were thinking that we could do a pre-order situation through our dealers or something that get some Swirls into the hands of the UUers! So give me some idea of who would be interested by answering the poll above. Thanks guys, keep rockin'

I am not a big fan of the "color" I think the gray is what makes it look weird. Love Eleukes, just not that pattern

No

I have an Eleuke, which I play more than any other 'uke. It's great, but color has nothing to do with it. If I wanted another Eleuke, I'd consider a Swirl, but only if there was no extra charge.

I am not in the market right now for an Eleuke, but I think the swirl is appropriate on that uke. I would choose different colors if it were for me though. I would go for a blue/ green color scheme with maybe touches of one of the following ...yellow or orange or black.

–Lori

Sorry....not for me!!!

Didn't Suzukhammer so one of those with his arcylic paints...I think he used more orange....Where are you Frankie??

If I got to choose the color, blue and orange, it would be full of win.

Yes! I would love this! Those are "my colors"! I got 2 in stock. They are awesome, for the right person!

If I got to choose the color, blue and orange, it would be full of win.

Go, Miami Dolphins! The team colors are aqua blue and orange. Sadly, it looks like it will be some time before the Dolphins are "full of win".

I voted "no," but I don't think they're "dumb" (which was the only "no" option). I just got a rosewood eleuke (thanks again, Mim!) so I'm not in the market for an eleuke right now, but if I were, I think I'd want something other than the sample swirl pattern, like a swirl pattern with fewer colors and colors in the same part of the spectrum (like blue, green and yellow, or red, purple and blue, or red, orange and yellow) or perhaps something not swirly, like tie-dye. I'd recommend changing your poll, or starting a new poll, that could give you more accurate and useful feedback by offering more nuanced "no" options for people like me who are intrigued by the idea of a colorful eleuke but don't like the particular idea you've chosen.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I love this place.

I voted "no," but I don't think they're "dumb" (which was the only "no" option). I just got a rosewood eleuke (thanks again, Mim!) so I'm not in the market for an eleuke right now, but if I were, I think I'd want something other than the sample swirl pattern, like a swirl pattern with fewer colors and colors in the same part of the spectrum (like blue, green and yellow, or red, purple and blue, or red, orange and yellow) or perhaps something not swirly, like tie-dye. I'd recommend changing your poll, or starting a new poll, that could give you more accurate and useful feedback by offering more nuanced "no" options for people like me who are intrigued by the idea of a colorful eleuke but don't like the particular idea you've chosen.
I probably should have put a less harsh "no" option and another one for "no, because I'm not in the market for a uke right now" ... This is very helpful information because we got a lot of really positive and enthusiastic feedback at Summer NAMM, but I couldn't tell whether those that were really excited represented a large group of Ukers or if the few that love this style just happen to be very enthusiastic people.

I'm gonna let this run for a few more days and make a call. Thanks again for the feedback guys. You Rock! :rock:

I'm getting into the colors, I think it's very creative and different. I bet that is hard to make!!!

I don't know how it would be with the uke's however, I have made swirl papers with my girl scouts, and it is a lot of fun and really not that hard.... I just don't think I would pay double the price for it.... Still dreaming of the eleuke.. darn new tax laws are holding me up....

I'm not a huge fan of the design. And for $400, I'd rather get better wood, better setup, upgraded electronics out of Eleuke than just a swirl dipped design.

Top Bottom