EleUke Poll: Would you buy a SWIRL?

Would you buy a EleUke SWIRL?

• I'd buy more than one

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What a lively discussion! We really appreciate everyone's honest feedback.

I'm not going to weigh in on the "whether solid body ukes should exist" issue since my opinion has already been stated very well by others, but I would like to explain some other things brought up in this thread, namely:
Swirl Colors

A little history that I didn't give earlier. This particular limited run had a tie to the Steve Vai Ibanez Jem Universe of 1990's fame. It was dipped in the same place by the same guy with the same color scheme as Vai's originals. Personally, I tend to agree with Teek that its a terribly assaulting color combination, but as a designer and illustrator, I always leave room for the reality that I do not represent everyone. There are quite a few people that have liked this color combo, I just wanted to see how many are here. My job is to give you what you want, so I thought I'd check with you all. These were extremely popular guitars of their time and that may be why we got such a good response at NAMM (most of the people there have sold guitars in their stores for years and immediately recognized the connection). Anywho, based on your feedback, I don't think we'll be doing very many of these in this color scheme. They are actually quite expensive to produce, so I can understand some hesitation with the price. I think we'll try a limited run on a pre-order situation with some different color combos, but we would have to get a minimum together to be able to do it. So there's some hope for those of you who are excited!

Think about why the electric guitar is so successful in the music industry :)
Now imagine all those reasons, but applied to ukulele. That's the appeal of Eleukes.
Well said.
I like capos on my ukulele =)
Funny thing, I spoke with several capo companies at Summer NAMM 2010 and a few of them are starting to wake up a little and recognize the ukulele. Winter NAMM 2011 I saw a few capos designed specifically for Ukes... Shub comes to mind and Paige was talking about it... I never made it to their booth.

I like the swirls. But I am also drawn to the most far out instrument designs in general. I prefer the look of the RH and Jazz series ukes, however, so it would be nice to offer the paint job for different bodies. As a suggestion, a black/white/gray swirl would look cool.

Funny thing, I spoke with several capo companies at Summer NAMM 2010 and a few of them are starting to wake up a little and recognize the ukulele. Winter NAMM 2011 I saw a few capos designed specifically for Ukes... Shub comes to mind and Paige was talking about it... I never made it to their booth.

I just use a mando capo, unless they can come up with something super-innovative, I don't see a reason really to use a uke-specific one. I really only use mine for the first 2-3 frets though, sometimes 5 just for fun.

As much as I want one, I do believe it is a good idea to maintain a degree of excessiveness to the swirl designs.

For one, since they are rarer than the typical Eleuke, this adds to the value. What's the point of a 'limited edition' if it's as common as pebbles?
Another reason is that if it is decided for them to be a regular model, and the prices go down - wouldn't the people who bought them already feel a bit like kicking themselves in the head?

And of course indeed - since the manufacturing cost is also higher for the design.

Why of course since the ukulele is only good for its portability and novelty compared to serious instruments like guitar :) .
I love this comment, so much sarcasm, so much insight into the thoughts of the typical guitar player.

angle2.jpg

Now we are talking...

A swirl just isn't for me, but I don't think they're dumb! They're very cool, just not something I'm looking for. I voted "No, I think they're dumb" but I wish I could've just voted "It's cool, but not for me."

If Steve Vai played a Ukulele, he'd probably play this one. Definitely shares the color of his Jem models. His Jemini distortion pedal also has this swirl color on it just with more pink visible.

I think it's cool, but I think 400 is a little much just for the "swirl" effect.
If I could get a solid color eleuke for a cheaper price, then I definately would.

I wanted a "maybe" option. The one you show doesn't turn my crank, but something in other colours might. Maybe a black & red. $400 is a tad pricey, though. $300 is more reasonable.

I like it. I would like it MORE if it were different colors. I MIGHT buy one IF I was in the market for a solid body uke, and if I played one and liked it (I've never played an eleuke). So, I voted "Heck yes", but it's got provisions!

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! I'll see what I can do about a limited run of different colors at a lower price... I have no idea right now if that's possible, but it'll be a fun conversation to have anyway.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! I'll see what I can do about a limited run of different colors at a lower price... I have no idea right now if that's possible, but it'll be a fun conversation to have anyway.

Navy Blue and Orange ;) No particular reason of course ;)

Top Bottom