I would love a list of Long Neck Ukuleles! Won't you contribute?

Total Ukphoria

Reaction score
I own the ohana sk-30L and love it.
I would like to look into other ukuleles long necks- any size with a longer fretboard scale than body is fine.
Thanks!

I own the ohana sk-30L and love it.
I would like to look into other ukuleles long necks- any size with a longer fretboard scale than body is fine.
Thanks!

I have a long-neck (concert length) Soprano Gstring & a KoAloha Super Concert (tenor neck). I agree - like them a lot. Also, check out the new Mainland Pineapple Longneck (tenor neck, concert body) here:

http://cargo.ukerepublic.com/product/mainland-long-neck-concert-pineapple

Hear it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdnNZU3OIvE

Kiwaya makes the KSL-1 and KSL-2 - these are, respectively, the mahogany and koa super-thin laminate ukes with soprano body and concert neck. My KSL-2 is on order now. :)

John

With the exception of our Baritone, all our ukuleles have long scales.

Lehua also make a longneck. Thank you for the Pua Pua site, a lot of stock, but high prices and no case included.

Thank you for the Pua Pua site, a lot of stock, but high prices and no case included.

If you call Kamaka directly to order, the prices are a little lower and they include a case - so including case and shipping, it comes out to a little less than the prices on the Pua Pua site. Still on the high side, I know...

I recently got a Boat Paddle M-style long neck soprano that sounds aMAZing! I don't see them on their website but it's definitely an option.

The Ohana CK-35L

Lots of people at the moment are buying our SK-30L (soprano with tenor neck). However, we also have the newer CK-35L. This has a regular CK-35 body and a tenor scale. I did a video of it some time back. We have a lot of instruments in our catalog and I had not really tried it before, but I was very impresssed. Here's the video I did.

Vineyard UK-150 ML, its identical to the Ohana SK-30L, but with one cool feature the Ohana doesn't have, a curvey letter "V" on the headstock

Kanile'a and Mya-moe have great super sopranos.

G-string has a very nice longneck soprano (M1LN)

KoAloha also makes a soprano with a tenor neck, as well as two sizes of Sceptre, and the small-bodied, long-neck Pineapple Sunday.

Loprinzi soprano with 2 extra frets. no complaints whatsoever with it. Donna (LoPrinzi) told me it was becoming pretty much standard with spruce sopranos. I recommend.

Kamaka offers a long neck soprano, long neck pineapple, and long neck concert by special order. Oddly enough, they don't even show these options on the Kamaka site. I heard that the long neck concert is going to become part of their regular line soon, and hope to get one :)

Koaloha makes a long neck soprano and a long neck pineapple.

I've thought about getting one of those tenor neck Ohanas, they seem really nice for the price.

very nice I'll look out for the Kamaka's

Wow- this is really helping! There are lots of longnecks on this list I was not aware of!
Thanks to all contributors!

I know that this is an old thread, but these posts were helpful while I was researching longneck sopranos. I ended up considering the concert neck Flea ukulele, the Sailor Brand ukuleles (14 frets to the body, but apparently not a concert neck, but you can have it customized with a concert neck for extra), and a Mahalo UK-320SL (available in Japan only for some reason).

I ended up buying the Mahalo UK-320SL (via Amazon.co.jp using a forwarding service called Tenso since I couldn't get it shipped out of Japan otherwise). All in with shipping, it ended up costing around $90. The top is solid mahogany. And while some sites claim that the back is solid mahogany too, it's hard to confirm that via google translate (and I don't know how else to tell). The side are laminate. The nut is bone and the compensated saddle is NuBone. There are dots on the side of the fretboard too. Came with cheap friction tuners, a cheap gig bag, and a "Learn to Play Ukulele" DVD.

I know that a lot of people think Mahalo ukulele's are crap, but I really like the sound of the UK-320SL. It's loud. The sustain is good. And it's got a nice woody sound. The action was definitely on the high side (~5mm on the 12th fret), and a bit high on the nut. I've managed to lower the action a bit to around 3mm, and lowered the nut slots too. The intonation is a lot better now, but still goes a little sharp further down (which I'll try to address). It has a much better sound than the Kala GAC or SLNG that I had tried. It's also louder than the GAC despite being a soprano. I don't know what kind of (semi-white) strings it came with, but it actually sounds pretty nice.

There's a video on youtube.

Overall, I'm really happy with it, and definitely for the price.

Top Bottom