Why do people hate us so ? my guess ...jealousy

Thank you for this thread! I just figured out which song I'm going to murder, I mean cover, first for Mim's Eddy Finn contest!

John

Yeah it's not about hating ukulele players, its about hating phony ukulele players, to quote from the page.

Listen, we here at SNUPH are all musicians ourselves. We support the ukulele playing community. What we will NOT support are the hordes of attention seeking hipster douchebags who strum mindless at these instruments in public to appear "ironic" or "cool".

Thank you for this thread! I just figured out which song I'm going to murder, I mean cover, first for Mim's Eddy Finn contest!

John

And you thought I was joking - no such luck! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6janp-ZB4sY

(BTW, if you haven't checked out this contest you need to, been some pretty good videos and some pretty funny ones.)

John

Hipsters are a subculture of men and women typically in their 20's and 30's that value independent thinking, counter-culture, progressive politics, an appreciation of art and indie-rock, creativity, intelligence, and witty banter.

Worryingly that describes me, but no way in hell would I call myself a hipster. In my mind this is being hipster:

A hipster to me is someone who does something simply because they want to be completely different, and for no other reason. This to me means that a ukulele playing hipster doesn't care about the instrument at all, I play it because it's different and because I enjoy doing it. I have dreadlocks for the same reason, I unicycle for the same reason. The last thing I want to be is trendy.

icouldnt give a toss if people like me or hate me, and especially not becasue of an instrument i play, i think for anyone to waste energy on negativity is just a pointless waste of a life.

I don't get suprised at the lack of politeness thats found in most people anymore. Years of getting picked on in highshool taught me to strum my own tune and to not care if people dont like the things you do. You can be the greatest and most loving person in the world, but there is still going to be at least one person who despises you. It doesnt bother me though. As long as you live life being true to yourself and do what you think is right then everything negative just becomes trivial :)

Top Bottom