Grew Up In Brooklyn? There's a Book in Here Somewhere!

buzenteam

Reaction score
tabihs

Funny - and true - these stories of growing up in Brooklyn in the '60s and '70s are full of high jinks and misadventures. You'll meet characters like Nana, the grandmother whose cursing can make men blush, Jeff, whose rooftop was the best for throwing eggs on passersby, Goldie, a "Jackie Gleason with breasts", Lola, the ebullient cleaning woman from the South, and Mort, the father who takes life dead serious and never laughs. These kids knew how to keep life interesting. They're the kids you're glad you didn't have."Not only funny but heartwarming. An absolute joy to read and hard to put down! - an upstate New York reader
"You'll feel like [Steve] was one of your closest friends. I would love to see the author when he was this young, mischievous kid...and his grandmother!" -Junko T. from Japan
"An absolute joy to read! Get to know this guy, and his friends and family!"- a New York reader
"I read this and laughed so much that I went into labor!" - a New York reader
"He's like Jean Shepherd, hilariously funny and a natural writer." - a Massachusetts reader

Those who grew up in Brooklyn should have this one from Amazon. You might just change your mind.. really, you should check it out - http://amzn.to/tabihs High jinks and misadventures in a family with two sets of twin boys -- these are the kids you're glad YOU didn't have! The stories are funny, heartwarming, and just odd enough to be completely unique. I loved it! And the photos that go with the book are hilarious!

Price: $8.99

Not really. Not sure why you think it's racist though. Please explain?

Playful or rowdy activity, often involving mischievous pranks. For example, All sorts of high jinks go on at summer camp after "lights out." About 1700 this term denoted a gambling game accompanied by much drinking, but by the mid-1800s it acquired its present meaning.

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/high-jinks#ixzz1E0tLJP82

Top Bottom