I wrote an original song in honor of the wisconsin protests

Ebonyks

Reaction score
I hope that I don't alienate anyone politically here, but I felt inspired to write about the local political situation in Wisconsin. For those who don't know, there are currently riots and protests regarding a bill which Scott Walker is seeking to pass which would reduce the power and rights of labor unions in Wisconsin. I wanted to write an anthem , and I hope you all enjoy it.

If there's enough positive feedback, i'll put together a video for this.

http://snd.sc/eGN2We

It's kinda refreshing that people are willing to stand up and be heard. I still find it hard to believe that the middle class in the US has tolerated so much distress but has done little to fight back. Just my $.02 worth.

Let's see if I understand this correctly .... Middle class and lower middle class Americans are being told that giving teachers pensions is a strain on government spending, but preserving tax breaks for the country's wealthiest Americans (which eats up far more money, by the way) is not cool. The American middle class (or what's left of it) is like the frog who doesn't know he's being boiled alive because the heat's being turned up incrementally instead of all at once. Thank heavens some of us have decided to say "enough". Sorry for being political, but I find it dfifficult to watch rich people like the Koch Brothers using politicians like Governor Walker to tell poor people that poor people are making too much money. By the way, OP, great song. Political music is a longstanding American tradition.

Very Interesting

Sorry, don't know anything about these protests, but then again why would I as I live in a different part of the world with our own battles to fight! However, the song itself was very good, it reminded me, especially your voice, a wee bit of the Violent Femmes. Aye I liked it man.

Top Bottom