My new bruko walnut ukulele

WireUke

Reaction score
I have just received my new custom made walnut ukulele from Bruko, and the first thing i can say is that the wood grain looks fantastic. I actually think it looks nicer than some koa I have seen. It is also really well made, a step up in quality from the chinese made ukes i have bought. I think its a really nice sounding uke, it seems clear and loud sounding, especially with the aquila strings I put on it, but as its my first soprano uke I don't have a lot to compare it with, soundwise.

I thought i'd post some pictures for you to enjoy!

Attachments

• Photo 0214.jpg
    Photo 0214.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 276
  • Photo 0213.jpg
    Photo 0213.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 231
  • Photo 0212.jpg
    Photo 0212.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 262
  • Photo 0211.jpg
    Photo 0211.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 261
I have just received my new custom made walnut ukulele from Bruko, and the first thing i can say is that the wood grain looks fantastic. I actually think it looks nicer than some koa I have seen. It is also really well made, a step up in quality from the chinese made ukes i have bought. I think its a really nice sounding uke, it seems clear and loud sounding, especially with the aquila strings I put on it, but as its my first soprano uke I don't have a lot to compare it with, soundwise.

I thought i'd post some pictures for you to enjoy!

Thanksf or sharing! What a beauty. My favorite part is the back of the neck and the headstock, that blond wood with the dark line is yummy.

Very classy looking ukulele. Thanks for sharing and enjoy it!

:drool: That is a nice Uke! Congrats! Enjoy it!

That is beautiful. Love those grains in that wood. I think I like it better than koa too.

That's one sharp Uke! Got a Bruko #6 for Christmas. Put some Worth BMs on it and have really enjoyed it. Yours should get alot of playing time. Hope you enjoy!

Cool - very nice little uke. The walnut looks beautiful. Enjoy.

What a stunning uke! Many people don't like the sound of Brukos, but I bet this sounds fantastic. A daring, but absolutely brilliant, choice.

Beautiful wood! Looking forward to a sound sample.

Lovely! Walnut is such a great looking tonewood. How do you think it compares w/you Mainland? Mellow? Bright? Never heard a walnut uke ...

I think it sounds more like my cedar mainland than it does my Hamano mahogany. Its loud, clear sounding with a brightish ringing tone, It has slightly less sustain than my Mainland cedar, but i guess as its a soprano that is to be expected. It does not have as many overtones as my Hamano mahogany. Overall I am really pleased with the sound, and it was a bargain at 260 euros.

The neck and the bindings are made from Maple by the way, which may brighten the sound.

Congratulations on the new ukulele! That's some beautiful walnut! I've never heard a walnut ukulele and I'm curious how the use of walnut as a tonewood affects the sound.

Thanks for sharing, love the juxtaposition of walnut to maple. What kind of a finish is that?

Yeah, the walnut and maple look really nice tigether. Its a matt finish, i think all brukos come with this finish.

Hopefully it's ok to bump an old thread?

I'm considering a custom Bruko, and walnut keeps tugging at me... But the reports of how it sounds are vastly different.

Do you still have this ukulele?
If so, could you give me some idea how the sound compares to other ukuleles?

Hopefully it's ok to bump an old thread?

I'm considering a custom Bruko, and walnut keeps tugging at me... But the reports of how it sounds are vastly different.

Do you still have this ukulele?
If so, could you give me some idea how the sound compares to other ukuleles?
I have a walnut longneck bruko soprano. One of the best sounding ukes I ever played. Loud, bright, great sustain, very feisty and heaps of punch. Mine is virtually identical to this model but without the body binding. The concert neck scale makes it slightly top heavy, especially as the neck is made from maple, but I can't fault it otherwise. At less than 300 bucks for a custom built longneck soprano out of one of the best uke tonewoods out there, I am rapt with the instrument. Still maintains that distinctive soprano sound, but with a bigger voice. You wouldn't be disappointed.

Top Bottom