My new bruko walnut ukulele

That is one sweet looking uke in the first post! If I ever do a custom Bruko (and I'd really like to) I'd do one in walnut and cherry. Like some sort of tart or pie lol. I love walnut on ukuleles don't ask me why. Just looks and sounds great.

That's sharp-looking!

I have a walnut longneck bruko soprano. One of the best sounding ukes I ever played. Loud, bright, great sustain, very feisty and heaps of punch. Mine is virtually identical to this model but without the body binding. The concert neck scale makes it slightly top heavy, especially as the neck is made from maple, but I can't fault it otherwise. At less than 300 bucks for a custom built longneck soprano out of one of the best uke tonewoods out there, I am rapt with the instrument. Still maintains that distinctive soprano sound, but with a bigger voice. You wouldn't be disappointed.

That sounds great!
How bright is 'bright', though? I do like a certain mellowness in the sound, too...

You wouldn't happen to have any sound samples anywhere? :)

Yes, the neck material is one of the things I'm still pondering; visually, I'd love it to be walnut too (I like my ukes to look like they're carved from one piece of wood, with a few small details for fretboard etc) but I'm afraid that would make it even heavier.

That sounds great!
How bright is 'bright', though? I do like a certain mellowness in the sound, too...

You wouldn't happen to have any sound samples anywhere? :)

Yes, the neck material is one of the things I'm still pondering; visually, I'd love it to be walnut too (I like my ukes to look like they're carved from one piece of wood, with a few small details for fretboard etc) but I'm afraid that would make it even heavier.

I'm not sure that an all-walnut soprano will give you much in the way of mellow-ness! Maybe if it had a cedar top you'd get more of that warmth. This one is very trebly and sweet enough in the mid range, not mellow though...probably go with koa, mahogany or mango if that's the tone you want...

sorry no sound samples. I LOVE the tone though, bright and punchy - not thin - and great volume and projection. awesome uke...

Wow, congratulations. I love the woodgrain...

Top Bottom