Monkey Wrench Ukulele

It arrived yesterday and it is amazing! There are a couple of small issues...the C string, when played open, buzzed a little causing it to sound a little sitar-like. I switched out the non-wound C with a wound C (.017 gauge) and it fixed the issue. The nut has a very, very, very thin hairline crack in it. I'm hoping it won't be an issue...if it is I'll have my luthier carve a new nut for me.

It sounds fantastic and plays really, really nicely. The fretboard is not bound but the fret ends were dressed wonderfully. I pulled out my guitar effect pedals and my electric amp (haven't gotten a lot of use over the past 2 years) and played for a few hours yesterday. I highly recommend Monkey Wrench is anyone is thinking of getting a nice sold body steel string. I'll try and do a video sometime in the next few days.

Now I just need to find a case that will fit it...the gig bag it came with is not worthy.

Glad you like it. Sorry to hear about the minor issues. Look foward to a video. Enjoy.

Hodge mentioned the Monkey Wrench Uke in another post and I have been reviewing their site. 16" radius neck too! LOL.

I quite like these ... could be interested in a Long Neck Tenor ...

Top Bottom