First cover...Hey Soul Sister/I'm Yours. Comments and criticism appreciated. (:

amyallover23

Reaction score
Hey everybody. So, I finally recorded my first cover and figured I should post it here just because. A little flat in places, and I look awful because I was just getting over being sick, but all in all, only one glaring mistake. Comments and criticism would be great appreciated! :D

Thanks so much everyone :)

I had million things cluttering my mind..

Watching your video was sublime.

I may learn how to play but I have little hope of singing as well as you.

Thanks for sharing, you made my morning.

Beautiful! In music there are no mistakes.

wow Amy. What a gorgeous voice you've got. That was really nice. Thanks for the post. :)

good voice. in the beginning i didn't know which song ur were gonna start off, thought it was soul sister first. I like it though.

Amy- wow, what great singing..... and your tone on the uke is really nice also, a rich, full sound. My only minor criticism is something I myself am constantly battling... steady rhythm with the strum. I try to always keep my right hand moving, even if I'm not actually making contact with the strings, to keep the beat steady and even. You can still pause for effect (like you do very well) but with such a nice voice, you'd be unstoppable with a more regular strum. I geek out and practice with a metronome or a play-along track to force myself to keep it even, but it's a constant struggle. Hope I don't sound harsh, but I think help from others it what a forum like this is all about.... keep it up and thanks for sharing....

Your voice is so lovely! Seriously! Nice job! I look forward to more covers from you!

Awesome voice and awesome uke!

As others have mentioned, you have a really nice voice, and I like how you made the two songs kind of meld together seamlessly. :)

If you want some constructive criticism, my best advice would be to learn "economy of motion" in your left-hand fingering.

Sometimes your fingers (pinky and ring especially) were sticking out way off the fretboard. There's no point to moving a finger 3" away only to have to move it back the next time you need it. If you ever watch a good classical guitarist like John Williams or David Russell, it looks like their LH fingers barely move. Their playing appears almost effortless, since their fingers stay poised just above the strings and ready to strike when needed. That's what I meant by "economy of motion."

Top Bottom