Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loprinzi "nova" mahogany tenor..

Default Loprinzi "nova" mahogany tenor..

I really like the look of the Loprinzi "nova" mahogany tenor. Have any of you ever played a Loprinzi tenor and if so, what are your thoughts?

I've never played the tenor, but I used to have a Loprinzi mahogany concert and it was the finest instrument I ever played. I have serious regret over selling it.

I sell them so I could seem biased. They are top shelf instruments for sure. High quality construction and the sound produced from the LoPrinzi ukuleles is excellent. One of my favorite things about a Loprinzi is the lean neck line.
    The Nova sounds great in all sizes as well as their traditional styled ukuleles.
    We take custom orders for them too. A UU member will soon have a Flamenco styled tenor with Spanish cedar back and sides, slotted headstock and I can't wait to see and hear the finished instrument.

"It's not on a map, it's right on your lap" ~ Sailor Jim

UkeRepublic.com
    FaceBook Fan Page
    YouTube Channel

Thanks for the replies... I have a feeling I'll be getting in touch w/Uke Republic in the near future!

Quote Originally Posted by shane v View Post
    I really like the look of the Loprinzi "nova" mahogany tenor. Have any of you ever played a Loprinzi tenor and if so, what are your thoughts?
    I have a LoPrinzi mahogany tenor, but not the nova. This uke is easily as good as any "K" brand uke I've played, seen or own. I LOVE my KoAloha's, but I don't think that this LoPrinzi will ever leave my possession, untill I pass it off to a son/daughter or grandson one day. These are master crafted w/an attention to detail that feels & sounds custom.

The Nova is more than "yet-another-personal-soundport" uke - its crafted using the patented design & style of the "Thurman Multi-dimensional Sound port." It is a finely crafted addition that only LoPrinzi is utilizing. NOTE: I'm not in any way dissing any uke's use of a "personal soundport", its just that the Nova is more than just another hole in the uke.

As Mike mentioned, you can purchase one through Uke Republic; & expect a fantastic instrument!
    Soprano: Sailor Brand SPC-S, Donaldson Vintage-S, Gstring Longneck, 1920's Martin 0, Makala Dolphin (YELLOW), Mainland Chili!, Roy Smeck
    Concert: KoAloha Sceptre, KoAloha Super Concert, Kala "Mighty Uke", Kamoa Grand Concert, Lanikai S-C Spruce
    Tenor: LoPrinzi Model A Mohagany
    Baritone: Pono MBO
    Pineapple/Other: Mainland red-cedar, Mya-Moe Concert Pineapple (Mango), KoAloha Longneck Pineapple, Vintage Kamaka Pineapple

Aloha from Alabama!

Quote Originally Posted by Uke Republic View Post
    A UU member will soon have a Flamenco styled tenor with Spanish cedar back and sides, slotted headstock and I can't wait to see and hear the finished instrument.
    I'm hoping that should read Spanish cypress back and sides.

Assume you've seen this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcE1_OKzrac
    Soooooo many ukes, sooooooo little time

Soprano: Pre-war Martin "O"; 81-82 Kamaka White Label; Makai PK-55; Grizzly kit; Lehua Longneck;
    Morgan Monroe Banjo Uke; KPK acacia long neck soprano pineapple.
    Concert: Pono MCD-E; Kala Reso-burst; Rally banjo; Bruce Wei Acacia teardrop; KPK acacia Cutaway;
    Oscar Schmidt OU5; Epiphone LP vintage burst;
    Tenor: Risa semi-hollowbody electric (red one); Pono PT-6 Mahogany 6 string; Mele Koa; Kala solid mahogany A/E cutaway

hi Shane, at various times I've owned a LoPrinzi of each scale. They make the most beautifully balanced instruments with superb playability and tone. These days I have settled on two LoPrinzi's, one made of koa and the other of mango. I love them both and will not be parting with them. I have a friend who owns the 'Nova' model and she is a huge wrap for it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Uke Republic View Post
    a Flamenco styled tenor with Spanish cedar back and sides
    If it's "flamenco styled" assume you meant Spanish Cypress??

Ooops :
    ) Spanish cypress
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinV View Post
    I'm hoping that should read Spanish cypress back and sides.

"It's not on a map, it's right on your lap" ~ Sailor Jim

UkeRepublic.com
    FaceBook Fan Page
    YouTube Channel

Thread Information