Mellow out the Classic Rock contest

oops! just reread the rules...one entry per person....my bad! i will take my punishment graciously...unless the extra sillydave is counts as a different person....different mustache...could be.....

As far as I'm concerned, different personas count as different artists/bands.

My entry to the mellow out that classic rock song contest. Paranoid by Black Sabbath.
I've been enjoying the entries immensely, but as far as I'm concerned, this one has to be the winner! It can't possibly get much mellower than that. :p

Blast! Had I not already mellowed out Queen´s "Somebody to Love" for another contest, I would totally have entered it here! Great contest and great entries, I´m enjoying watching them as they come in.

if i can change my persona yet again, might i try one more entry?

I talked to the other judges, and you can do as many as you'd like and we will pick your best entry as the one that will be in competition with the others. This goes for all participants.

Virgin video.

Last edited:
Only a little under 9 hours left before the gates close for good. We got a lot of awesome entries so far, let's see what the procrastinaters have in store.

Ok. I didn't read the rules very clearly before I made this video. Because I'm one day too late, and I didn't address myself as the king of mellow or whatever, I just wrote it in a title on the screen. But I still want to post this for everyone to enjoy. I had a lot of fun making it.

Sweet Child o' Mine by Guns N Roses on the Ukulele and Kalimba. And it's QUITE mellow.

Last edited:
heehee some good videos on here. too bad i didnt finish my mellow version of 'Holy Diver' by Dio :p

This was a spectacular show of skill! You all performed amazingly, and we all enjoyed some great mellow covers of rocking songs. I certianly enjoyed it, and you all have put smiles on the faces of ukers worldwide.
The time has come to announce the champion. It was a tough call, and almost everyone was neck and neck. Everyone's covers were actually much better than we expected they would be; they were legitamatly listenable jams! Great job! Among our favorites were Ukuleledaddy with Paranoid, thesillydave with barracuda, and we think that bbqribs took the mellow factor to the maximum with Born to be wild. But there can only be one King of Mellow.
So the contestant that had the most mellow and groovability of the cover, presentation, whos song was a prime example of mellowness and listenability as opposed to the rocking song of choice; the person who took their song and transformed it into an amazing mellow rendition is...
ReaderMo! ReaderMo is the new King Of Mellow!!!!! He will be receiving a pound of coffee beans of his choice, a certificate of kingship, brand new nylon uke strings, and a coffee mug with his newly earned title on its surface! So he will no longer be the King of Mellow "for the purposes of this contest" but will be known as the King of Mellow for all time! ReaderMo, message to claim your rewards.

P.S. I lied!!! there is indeed runner-ups! If your name was mentioned in this announcement, message me for your consolation prize!

So once I again, I thank you all for entering the contest. We all know how much guts it takes to record something creative and put it out there for all to see, and I really appreciate all of you who entered. Make sure to check the forum in May, as there will be a brand new contest that will be taking ukes to a whole new direction and level!
-dirkallie

Congratulations to ReaderMo!! This was a fun contest. I'm thrilled to be included amongst the favorites. It was a pleasure to participate.

Holy cow!!!! I have so many people to thank, I hope I don't forget anybody!

I'd like to thank the judges, the acadamy, mick n keef for the song, johnny for style, my beloved wife (now queen of mellow), the fans, & my risen Lord!

Thanks for holding this contest! I had fun!

Top Bottom