"Village Rain" - traditional Japanese ocarina song.. with ocarina and ukulele!

Thanks for another great song! After sending a link to my wife of your "Stand By Me" instrumental, she was interested enough to purchase an Ocarina to try out.

She refuses to play stringed instruments but played a few instruments in high school including bagpipes.

Just wanted to thank you for the inspiration.

Keep the videos coming!

Wow thank you!
Wow, she got an ocarina? Which ocarina did she get~?

Thanks for putting up these pieces, it sounds great, reminds me of Our Mountains here in Canada when I wake up early when I go camping.

thanks for the compliments :D I'm very glad you enjoyed it!

She just got a beginner ocarina. A 12 hole plastic tenor. It is this one: http://www.stlocarina.com/wz1pl.html

It actually just came in the mail 10 minutes ago!

I hope she likes it. She is at work right now so she can't try it out yet.

Ahh, that's great!
I remember the time I got my first plastic ocarina. I couldn't let it go, just playing it all day long. And it sure took me down a deep rabbit hole.
Though if she ever feels like an upgrade, I really highly recommend ocarinas by these folks:
www.songbirdocarina.com (especially the "Focalink" brand range). They're some of the best quality and value ocs I've ever encountered :) ("Tenor" = "Alto C" by their naming scheme)
STL's an OK brand too, though I've not been as happy with their's. Happy ocarina playing!

(if she ever needs online support for ocarinas, there's a friendly ocarina forum here: www.theocarinanetwork.com I actually help to run it!)

Last edited:
Aloha Kissing,
Just love that sound...sweet...can I ask how much a ocarina like that you have costs....Thanks for sharing...MM Stan

Aloha Stan, the particular ocarina I'm playing in this video is a "Triple Ocarina".. which is kinda like 3-ocarinas in one. The way it works is that there are 3 holes to blow into, each going higher in range, giving me more notes to work with if I switch up or down each chamber (like on a harmonica)

So an ordinary ocarina plays a range of about 1.5 octaves, a double ocarina plays a range of 2 octaves and a triple ocarina plays about 3 octaves.
The particular one I'm playing costs $335, and they're available here: http://www.focalink.com.tw/product_detail_en.php?classsid=14&productsid=214

A triple ocarina is good to have if you want an ocarina that has a really wide range.
However, it also takes a bit more time to get used to.

Last edited:
Really nice. Every time I see one of your vids I think, "man, I gotta get me an ocarina!"

Aloha Kissing,
Beautifully done, BRAVO! Awesome playing and arrangeing................BO.........................

Lovely playing and arranging kissing!

I have you to thank for my ocarina and ukulele collections, b/c of TON!

thanks for the compliments :D I'm very glad you enjoyed it!

Ahh, that's great!
I remember the time I got my first plastic ocarina. I couldn't let it go, just playing it all day long. And it sure took me down a deep rabbit hole.
Though if she ever feels like an upgrade, I really highly recommend ocarinas by these folks:
www.songbirdocarina.com (especially the "Focalink" brand range). They're some of the best quality and value ocs I've ever encountered :) ("Tenor" = "Alto C" by their naming scheme)
STL's an OK brand too, though I've not been as happy with their's. Happy ocarina playing!

(if she ever needs online support for ocarinas, there's a friendly ocarina forum here: www.theocarinanetwork.com I actually help to run it!)

Thanks! Maybe we should have asked for your advice before, but thanks for the info. Hopefully she likes it and will have some more questions that she can get help with on that forum.

Top Bottom