Why the uke is awesome?

ItsMrPitchy

Reaction score
I just had this idea to make a list of why we all think the uke is awesome. So what we are are going to do is all state one reason why the uke is awesome to you.

I will start:
1. A beginner friendly instrument but appealing to more advanced players at the same time.

3. I can sit in my car, wait for my boss to arrive at the jobsite, and play, play, play.

I typed this with pilfered bandwidth.

If you get lost while hiking in the mountains, a ukulele will always point NORTH. Headhunters in Borneo will never shrink your head if you play the ukulele for them. Don't get me started on the importance of having a ukulele with you should you be abducted by ALIENS.

Because you can hang 80 of them in a small humidified bedroom, and still have room to rehearse.

They are infinitely collectable.

If you get lost while hiking in the mountains, a ukulele will always point NORTH. Headhunters in Borneo will never shrink your head if you play the ukulele for them. Don't get me started on the importance of having a ukulele with you should you be abducted by ALIENS.
It's like a Swiss army knife

Don't get me started on the importance of having a ukulele with you should you be abducted by ALIENS.
It is always advisable to have an acoustic-electric ukulele with you in the event of an alien abduction. A system configuration error resulted in humans being abducted in lieu of acoustic-electric ukuleles for the past several years. This has resulted in a most embarrassing intergalactic misunderstanding. Hence, there have been numerous complaints of "rectal probes" by abductees. For their part, aliens have complained about "bad tone".

no, I won't turn this into a uke pin-up thread.

My favorite thing about the ukulele is that because of the uke, I've met and become friends with people from all of the world. It's given me a wider vision of the world.

Thanks for the pics, what uke was that? Ive seen loads of them but never found out what model it is.

picking one thing would be hard but i can give u my top 3 ^^

1 its easy to pick up and get started ( and it keeps u going )

2 its easy to carry around wherever u are going

3 random people start talking to u when u carry/play one in public*

*atleast when i do Oo

they come in so many sizes and colours, you're allways sure to find one to match your handbag and shoes.

Top Bottom