Ebays is firghting s they cannot get me on for some reson after move

It must be a really stressful time.
I hope it gets fixed soon. First, take care of yourself and wellbeing.

I guess that explains why I haven't heard from the Eleuke acoustic-electric Soprano I paid for on April 6.
There seems to be a few customers in this thread so far who are wondering also. Would be great if you can let us know what's happening :)
Mine was Item #330550677998 from April 6 2011.

Please take care, but give the customers an idea of what is happening with the purchases if possible :)
Been a faithful customer for years.

Mike I would recommend maybe having someone you know type your passwords.

I had that thought as well, and suggested he get someone else to log into his accounts to see if they even could, but it seems he gets ON, then is kicked OFF. Plus his store is wonky and items come up on eBay as "Invalid item", or appear and disappear. I even put him into seller search and they said he wasn't a seller. And I know I typed it correctly.

Michael, some of it could be all your famous typos and caps lock, as far as sday getting into AOL etc. to fix stuff. Passwords of course are case sensitive. If that's an iPhone 4 on AT&T, that could be some of your problem; ATT drops your connection, and if you are on mobile web pages and can't check "Keep me signed in" you have to log back in every time you are dropped, and you aren't hitting your password keys correctly.

Doesn't explain eBay issues that are showing up to other users though.

Last edited:
You might consider having a web store that is not on eBay. I found their fees rather high, and there are plenty of other web hosting sites that have store templates for you to plug your items into (GoDaddy, Square Space, Google Marketplace etc). It wouldn't be an auction, but it has been working for me. I think there are a lot of people out there that don't do eBay, so you might get some new customers.

–Lori

You might consider having a web store that is not on eBay. I found their fees rather high, and there are plenty of other web hosting sites that have store templates for you to plug your items into (GoDaddy, Square Space, Google Marketplace etc). It wouldn't be an auction, but it has been working for me. I think there are a lot of people out there that don't do eBay, so you might get some new customers.

–Lori

I agree with Lori...my friend stopped selling his goods through ebay do to all the screwups!!! He went to GoDaddy and so far all is good, no problems!!!

A good free storefront is eCrater. It's simple but it gets the job done. You can use Paypal or Google Checkout for payments. You have to do all of your own promotion though.

Bonanza has much lower fees than eBay and lets you import your feedback score. It is a little more like eBay used to be. All fixed price instead of auctions, I think.

Last edited:
Dear Mike,

I hope things get cleared up soon -- I know you are dealing with a lot, and it sounds tremendously frustrating, especially considering your state of health.

I'm looking forward to receiving the 3 Makalas that I purchased from you. It sounds as though they might not show up in time for our Kids' Music Outreach performance on April 30th, though.

I did try to call you, but as others have noted, your new number doesn't have a mailbox set up yet.

Again, feel free to send me a private message if you'd like a complimentary energy healing session for your condition.

All good wishes,

Maiyah

This doesn't look good. It looks like Mike's eBay account has been hacked - at least that's my guess. It does at least look like eBay has frozen the account to prevent further fraud while they straighten things out - that's the only thing that I can figure by the store suddenly being empty and no other sales on Mike's account, either. I just hope they didn't manage to hack his PayPal as well 'cause that could be disastrous.

John

MGM Paypal account lost too? OMG I lost my Pono concert paid on April 11 more than $300?
This seems to September 11 for me ...
MGM, please write me! fabio.pontarolo@gmail.com

You can file a claim with Paypal and tell them you haven't received the item, and chances are they will refund you without much hassle. A certain amount of time has to pass after the date of the transaction before you can file the claim - I can't recall how long, maybe 2 weeks? Something like that. Should give you enough time to try reaching Mike by phone to see if he can work things out with you.

You can file a claim with Paypal and tell them you haven't received the item, and chances are they will refund you without much hassle. A certain amount of time has to pass after the date of the transaction before you can file the claim - I can't recall how long, maybe 2 weeks? Something like that. Should give you enough time to try reaching Mike by phone to see if he can work things out with you.

Thanks for that info, I'll wait some more days for the information of the MGM

tHEY SAY THEY NEEDeD MY AOL ACCOIUNT TO FIX ITa ND THEY HAVE TraIED UNTIL AOL FAILD BUT HAVE NOT GOTTEN ME A SATIFAACTORY REaSoIN WHY IT KEEPS SHUTIIN DOWM

Looks like your Caps-Lock is defective! :D
Enter your password on a different computer :p

Michael apparently does a lot of listings and stuff on his smart phone. His phone just isn't smart enough to correct his famous dyslexic spelling and it seems to be more than trouble with this new phone. He gets logged on but then apparently loses his connection. Then possibly he just can't login again because of the case and spelling issues.

I'll bet it's the new 4G iPhone. I can't talk to anybody who has one without losing them at least once mid conversation. :p

MGM, you is online now?

I will not ask anything more. I made a complaint on paypal. nothing personal: I also admire Mike, but business is business. I have always paid for what I wanted to buy and hope to receive...

Last edited:
like I said in a prior post, MGM obviously has internet access and time to put up posts. AOL and PayPal issues is one thing, but you have other means of communicating with your paying customer.

Guys, you don't have the whole picture, please chill. He's communicating here and asking people to contact him. He's a good guy going through more than you know right now, please be kind. Otherwise you might end up feeling like real heels down the road.

Hi Teek, you seem to know more then what I do, but I have sent several e-mails to Mike's address with the details you have mentioned in your mails, as well as an sms to Hawaii. The time difference between myself and Mic is twelve hours. I am in the process of waiting for my third uke to arrive. The info that needs to come out is some sort of an acknowledgement that the outstanding orders will be sent, or that he cannot do it anymore .

I only know what he's told me via eBay messages, email and posted on the forum. I got an answer last night via email that Michael needed my address to ship a $400. uke I bought from him last week. If he ships it great, it looks like a nice uke, but if he can't I'll go into PayPal eventually and request a refund. At this point I personally prefer to be patient and let him do what he can do because it's just a uke. Life throws curve balls and sometimes we all just need to chill, say ok, and be grateful for what we have; just go to YouTube and look at the videos from Japan for some perspective.

He has requested on the forum that people who have won eBay auctions please forward their information about who they are and what they bought and where to ship, since eBay has suspended his store due to problems with possibly someone else having hacked his info. PayPal payment receipts and a polite email from buyers would be helpful to him right now. Angry upset people will not be. That's all I'm saying. If everyone forwards their info, then he can try to sort out the last of his sales. The people most upset seem to be new to UU or young. People who have been around the uke forums awhile and who have dealt with MGM know that he has always been all about great customer service.

He has posted here about new phone troubles and online access problems. Below is a copy and paste from the email he sent me, it looks like he sent it from his phone and posted it on one of the other forums:

Original Post By: musicguymic Date: 4/20/2011 1:39:37 AM
It is with my deepest rgret that i have to annouce that due to mounting health bills and unablitltity to play due to carpel tunnel and increaIung liver desese i will need to closed and stopping wrrk as of immmediatel.y I thanks the many who have suported me and my headway into hor ukes are sold now interent wise has benn imptoved by my ideas. I am not having a large esate sell off Those are for my siblings, please refrain from asking for list of items i have sold most of my inventory off to others already and will try to get rest i do however have some high end ukes readdy to ship that were ordered but ebay has made it as i no longer get have adresses to send tme to. If you have bought a colored pineapple sunday, scepres ,naoles and a kamaka please email me so i can get them to you... Again Thanks to all

like I said in a prior post, MGM obviously has internet access and time to put up posts. AOL and PayPal issues is one thing, but you have other means of communicating with your paying customer.

Mike's posts have always been clear. Current posts reflect health issues, as they are garbled. It's obvious that Mike's doing his best to communicate, just as it's also obvious that his ability to do so is impaired. I'm no doctor, but have witnessed stress induced health issues many times in my life. We're (my wife and I) praying that Mike and his loved ones make it through this rough period. I don't know if you have a dog in this hunt, but Mike's reputation carries veracity and integrity. To me, his health's taken a turn south. That's the real issue. Ric

Top Bottom