feedback is making me ill

Hello Mike,

I never bought anything from you (though had I had the money, I did fall in love with the lavender Pineapple Sunday, what a beauty!).

I'm new to the uke community, and to ukulele, but which ever site I went on, you appeared! Not only was your ebay store cited, but you were (and still are) described as the best seller in the uke community. Again, had I had the money, I would have bought the ukulele with no doubts, no questions as your reputation precedes you.

Don't worry about a few negative feedbacks. As a regular ebay shopper, I can assure you that with 18 000 positive feedbacks, you shouldn't fret it. You know when looking at feedbacks, that you will always have some grumpy person stating they aren't happy, but some people are NEVER satisfied no matter what you do. They lead a sorry life.

Now, you need to focus on yourself, on the positive and on getting better! It's time to be selfish and egocentric. Rely on your loved ones and let go of anything dragging you down.

Hoping you'll fell better soon!

Hi Mike

I picked up this uke thing about 3 years ago when I bought a cheap uke at a local music store on a whim. I enjoyed it enough to look into getting something better. I did a bit of research and settled on a Kalo spruce top tenor. The problem for me was that there was NO WAY any music store I could get to was likely to have one. The good news was that I had found this forum and everyone on it swore by this MGM guy on ebay. I trusted ukulele underground forum members enough at that point that I bought the instrument from your store. I played the heck out of that uke for about 6 months. I loved it and I still have it.

But I realized I wanted something better and I could afford it. The thing is, we are still talking about late 2008. I live in Connecticut, some of the music stores around here carry better then Mahalo uke's now but they certainly did not then. I had my heart set on a Kanile'a K1T. I could afford the uke but not the trip to Hawaii to buy one.

Luckily, I had already had one great buying experience from this MGM guy. I pulled the trigger on what is to this day my absolute favorite thing.

Mike I thank you for the last 2 and a half years of being able to reach out my arm and being able to play a magical instrument. It sounded amazing the first day I took it out of it's case. It sounds better today(might be the daily practice). I still have so far to go on this journey, but I would never have gotten as far as I have without your ebay store.

To me, when it comes to buying ukes you will always be "The Man". You brought quality ukes at every price range to those of us who could not find them elsewhere, and you often did it at a discount. Anyone I know who has met you in person has nothing but good things to say about you. My advice, for what it's worth, is ignore the idiots. We on this forum know the real deal.

Please get better. There are not enough people in the world like you.

Last edited:
There are not enough people in the world like you.

+1.

I also have a beauty of a Kanile'a tenor thanks to you Mike. And a lovely custom soprano. Get yourself well and come back to us soon, even if you just go back to working out of the house part time.

I usually try not to respond on "me too" threads, but I can't resist on this one. Mike you are one of the most straight up people to deal with I have ever encountered! I have purchased about half of my uke collection from you as well as many other items and always recieved the best service and responce to my questions whether it was just a single low g string, or multiple instruments. Don't worry about the whiners, there are many of us who will be waiting in line to do business with you WHEN you get back to good health. As far as I'm concerned you are "DA BES!!"

Mike: Why not set up your own page, and list like 1-2 items on Ebay so ppl who know you there can still find you, but use Ebay as a lead-in to your own page?

You should be able to use any of a number of non-Ebay check outs, and end a lot of paypal hassles. (Paypal is like that bad kid that when he plays with other kids, the other kid does crazy things too .. paypal kept away from Ebay is a lot less evil.)

You could sell through Amazon.

You could sell the older ukes through Etsy.

In 10 years on Ebay before I caught common sense and quit, I saw that people who had a following and stood out, would go away from Ebay and set up their own pages.

I've read the threads of peple here concerned for your well-being, and I do wish you better health - everyone thinks very highly of you. I'm so sorry for your troubles.

Yo. Mahalo for this post. As a first time Uke buyer who is afraid to part with more than 10 bucks on bay, Money was tight and I just kind of had that deep need to buy the Uke after fingering one near where I live. I did not want to buy oe from other than a brudda from the islands. And I looked around and chose Mic's store. The next day I look and the store was gone. I waited and no shipping info. Called up and phone number gone. AAAAAGGGHH Scary ya know? Especially when Ebay sellers can't be trusted sometime. The signs were there. I sent two emails and waited. No response.

Easter came and went. Checked on Ebay, nothing. But for some reason. I stopped panicking and found the feedback somebody left about buying strings on on mic's Ebay feedback and found this thread.

I am very relieved to find out that this person is not a scam artist. Sometimes it is very hard to know who to trust when you cannot see anything about them. It is a bit worrying to part with large sum of cash and then find the next day the store is gone, and no phone number works. Bless him and I will hold some Aloha for the brudda.

Well what do you know! Just as I am typing this, the Uke just arrived at my door.
I will leave good feedback for MGM for aloha.

MY SUGGESTION:
LEAVE A LINK TO THIS FORUM PAGE STRAIGHT UP IN MGM'S profile page on Ebay.

Mike,

Over the past three years, I've bought six ukes from you, and I've ALWAYS had a great experience. Last year at the Lone Star Uke Fest in Dallas, I had a great time sitting and chatting with you at dinner. That evening, you donated a KoAloha soprano to be auctioned for the benefit of James Hill's "Ukes in the Classroom" program, and you served as the auctioneer. I was fortunate enough to win that uke in the auction, and it's now the "go-to" uke that I play every day.

You're in my prayers, and I hope you're back on your feet, soon!

Dude....forward the emails to me and stop stressing...don't even read them. I'll let you know if it's important. LOL...MGM a rip-off ..AS IF! What's the opposite of rip-off? MGM......

Take care Michael...have faith knowing so many include you in their prayers.

Mike,

I ordered a Uke from you on April 15th and hand"t received it yet so out of concern I turned to UU to find out. I have to say I'm sorry to find my answer. I ordered from you because I've never seen anything but great things comments about you. I hope you have a speedy recovery. I can wait for my uke.

Get well,
-gyosh

Mike, I just found this thread. Had no idea you were sick. Haven't been to your store for a while as I haven't need another uke. So sorry about your health. I'll never forget your kindness when Jeanne and I met you on Oahu and you took us to dinner and made me do the Elvis impersonation thing. Still enjoying the Kanile'a I bought when you personally met me at Joe's factory. Even though it's an older model, the sound gets better with age. I was just sitting here playing the beautiful little Koaloha soprano I bought from you in Cerritos a few years ago and when I googled your name, I found this thread. I will keep you in my prayers and hope that you get better soon.
Sincerely with much love,
Preston in Utah

Mike just posted recently at FMM that his health is improving and his last tests looked better. We're so glad! I didn't see a post here but he is a member, I don't think he would mind a quote:

"Original Post By: musicguymic Date: 6/25/2011 3:07:59 AM
My latest labs showed up great and the recent liver failure which has drasticaaly altered my life, has finaaly shown to be a blessing in disquise. With ebay up ing theor final value fees to 15% and anpaypal and listing fees taking another five i will no longer sell on ebay. You can get any ukulele brand or proucts i used to sell by calling me directly (preferred as i want true one on one customer service) or emailing me i have a new informational website on how to contact me at musicguymicukulele.com My new phone number is 808-927-7297 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 808-927-7297 end_of_the_skype_highlighting and of course my email for the last decade is musicguyic@AOL.COM ALOHA FOR ALL THE HEARTFELT N]EMAILS AND MEASSAGES I HAVE RECIEVED SINCE FALLEN ILL
ahalo mgm"

Top Bottom