My Kamaka Factory Tour

Thank you and great photos. I love seeing pics of these tours. Don't know when or if I'll get back to Hawaii, but thanks for taking me on the tour with you.

Thanks for giving us all the "vicarious" tour. I was looking closely at the "infirmary" are to see if my vintage pineapple was there. Didn't see it so perhaps it is in someone's hands getting worked on.

I will definitely be doing this tour the next time I get to the islands. Its been WAY too long!

Dood! Thank you so much for taking the time to post this! I will have to look into a tour some time in the future!

You really took a lot of good shots!
Cheers to you!
Skottoman

Thanks for the great virtual tour! The Kamaka factory is already on my list of places to visit on my next trip to Hawaii in April 2012.

Thanks for taking the time to post this. I felt like I was actually on the tour along with you.

attachment.php

I hope you enjoyed this Kamaka factory tour. Everyone there was very friendly. Fred is a delightful tour guide and an ukulele and Kamaka encyclopedia. Someone should interview him for a book on the history of Kamaka Ukuleles.

Mahalo for taking the tour with me. Aloha!

Whoa. You got to hold the pineapple?! :)

Thanks so much for the details. I've got a couple hundred pics from when I took the tour a couple months back - this should help me if I ever get around to organizing them!

Aloha Mark,
Mahalo for the post and pictures, but it's nice to see them as I haven't been there for a while and nice to see the updates too.....Happy Strummings, MM Stan

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures and the tour details. That was great!!! I will be doing the same tour in August and can't wait!!! In fact, Kamaka is repairing my Kamaka vintage pineapple as we speak and I am going to pick it up at the tour.
Many thanks!!!!! :cool:

Fantastic pictures and write up! Thanks for sharing your tour! I wanna gooooooo!

Very cool. I feel like I was there! Thanks so much!

Thanks so much for sharing this with us.

Mahalo for posting those picture! I need to go there. Makes me want a Kamaka Concert now... :D

Best post ever!!! A pictorial journey to the promised land. Thanks for sharing. That tour was already my #1 Hawaiian destination. Now I guess it'll have to be moved up to #0.

kk<3

Fred Kamaka mentioned that the factory will be moving someday because (1) they'd like to have a bigger workspace and (2) the factory is now in an area (Honolulu's Civic Center) zoned for "commercial," but Kamaka is considered to be engaged in an "industrial" use because the manufacturing process produces sawdust.

Top Bottom