Would you agree with these Top 10 ukulele songs of all time?

Definetly not a top 10 to everyone - but possibly top 10 to you.
I prefer solo ukulele instrumentals rather than the new pop-uke songs. Uke instrumentals is in my opinion a lot more emotional.
A top 10 is a personal matter. We all have different tastes in music and it's impossible to create a top 10 that would satisfy everyone.

I prefer solo ukulele instrumentals rather than the new pop-uke songs. Uke instrumentals is in my opinion a lot more emotional.
A top 10 is a personal matter. We all have different tastes in music and it's impossible to create a top 10 that would satisfy everyone.

Yep, I agree totally .

Last edited:

Yeah, well said. I kind of think that the very idea of publishing an "all time top ten list" of anything that doesn't have verifiable "hard" numbers as its basis is kind of vain and very futile. :)

John

Yes, i do understand you really can't do a top 10 of all time. So with your suggestions i changed it to contemporary music of now, and moved up some famous songs, I will ad some later to seeing how popular they actually are

I... Did i miss any major ones that i should switch a song for?
Interesting list, if only for its obscurity to anyone of my generation.

10. “Oh, It Is Love?” - By Hellogoodbye
Never heard of it or them.
9. “Hallelujah” - By Jeff Buckley
Heard of him (but never heard him play this or any otehr song - but I liked his father... who unfortunately never played the uke and died of heroin overdone on his front steps...)
8. “The Lazy Song” - By Bruno Mars
Who? Complete unknown.
7. “ Banana Pancakes” - By Jack Johnson
Saw something about this song on the forum, but have never heard it, although I saw a CD of his once. Cover only, of course. Another unknown.
6. “I’m Yours” - By Jason Mraz
Yeah, yeah, got over played on FM radio, every damned hour. It's okay, but great? I dunno... catchy, okay.
5. “Trouble” - By Nevershoutnever
Who? Never heard of it or them.
4. “Hey Soul Sister” - By Train
Ditto.
3. “Ukulele Lady” - By Gus Khan and Richard Whiting.
A good song, for sure. Mostly a novelty piece, though.
2. “Tonight You Belong To Me” - By Billy Rose and Lee David
Okay, not bad, and got some recent replay, but there are dozens from that era that are equal or better.
1. “Somewhere Over The Rainbow” By israel Kamakawiwo Ole
A great cover and and interpretation, I'll agree. But numero uno? Hmmm...

I'd suggest Tiptoe Through The Tulips (Tiny Tim), Ain't She Sweet (Beatles), While My Guitar Gently Weeps (Jake) and a few dozen others.

I'll tell an embarrassing story about this. Earlier this week, the Westside SEUkers were at the local Starbucks. A young lady in her teens came over and asked us if we knew Somewhere Over the Rainbow, or I'm Yours. Naturally none of us had it memorized, so there was a flurry of looking in song books and even a iPhone/Android search for the chords. Somehow it struck me as pretty sad that we didn't even know these by heart.

2nd time we have been asked for Somewhere Over the Rainbow at that same location by the way.

I'd suggest Tiptoe Through The Tulips (Tiny Tim), Ain't She Sweet (Beatles), While My Guitar Gently Weeps (Jake) and a few dozen others.[/QUOTE]

Great suggestions, but a dozen others to haha. I will definitely rework it

Top Bottom