Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Ukuleles in Movies

i found out, that bugs bunny is playing the same uke as me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV24Mzx0tps

in the movie "a league of their own" one of the ball players is playing a soprano. I dont think the word "ukulele" is spoken. The ORIGINAL doc on alt uke culture! In glorious mini-DV! DVD Talk and Film Threat both give it 3 & 1/2 out of 5 stars!! With Ian Whitcomb, Janet Klein, Ukefink, Oliver Brown, Carmaig de Forest, King Kukulele and many, many others! Bookend voice narration by Holly Hunter, aka "The Human Rock-and-Roll Ukulele.""

Quote Originally Posted by asmi18 View Post
    in the movie "a league of their own" one of the ball players is playing a soprano. I dont think the word "ukulele" is spoken. The ORIGINAL doc on alt uke culture! In glorious mini-DV! DVD Talk and Film Threat both give it 3 & 1/2 out of 5 stars!! With Ian Whitcomb, Janet Klein, Ukefink, Oliver Brown, Carmaig de Forest, King Kukulele and many, many others! Bookend voice narration by Holly Hunter, aka "The Human Rock-and-Roll Ukulele.""
    you're talking about the film 'Rock That Uke' aren't you asmi? I have a copy too, it's fabulous. Really love Carmaig de Forest and Oliver Brown especially.

Just watched Soul Surfer... Really liked the movie..Quite a tear jerker and also had quite a few uke cameos...Saw like six or seven ukes in the movie including Koaloha concert, sceptre, and a six string Kamaka.
    feeling fly like a GL6!

Just saw "Get Him to the Greek" The rock star "plays" a uke with dad but more importantly just tries not to drop it. I don't know what kind of uke it is

All I know is the movie was funny. Its definitely good for a laugh.

There's a ukulele on the fireplace mantle in Carl's house in the Pixar movie "Up".

And recently on 30 Rock, Liz Lemon's latest boyfriend plays ukulele.

Nobody has said anything about the movie "Blue Valentine" starring Ryan Gosling. He plays the ukulele SEVERAL times, and he even does a part where he woos Michelle Williams by singing, "You Always Hurt the One You Love". In the beginning, you also see a melodica. I seriously jumped for joy when I saw both the uke and the melodica; I own both. How often do you see that!?!? Not only that, but it's an exceptional movie. 88% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Thoroughly Modern Millie -- in the opening scene a young woman is playing a banjo ukulele right before Beatrice Lillie kidnaps her.

This is one from a friend of my bandleader's who was cast is an Apple commercial lately.

I've noticed the uke in a few movies but the ones that come to mind are those of George Formby and of course Laurel & Hardy.

Thread Information