Ukuleles in Movies

in the movie "a league of their own" one of the ball players is playing a soprano. I dont think the word "ukulele" is spoken. The ORIGINAL doc on alt uke culture! In glorious mini-DV! DVD Talk and Film Threat both give it 3 & 1/2 out of 5 stars!! With Ian Whitcomb, Janet Klein, Ukefink, Oliver Brown, Carmaig de Forest, King Kukulele and many, many others! Bookend voice narration by Holly Hunter, aka "The Human Rock-and-Roll Ukulele.""

in the movie "a league of their own" one of the ball players is playing a soprano. I dont think the word "ukulele" is spoken. The ORIGINAL doc on alt uke culture! In glorious mini-DV! DVD Talk and Film Threat both give it 3 & 1/2 out of 5 stars!! With Ian Whitcomb, Janet Klein, Ukefink, Oliver Brown, Carmaig de Forest, King Kukulele and many, many others! Bookend voice narration by Holly Hunter, aka "The Human Rock-and-Roll Ukulele.""

you're talking about the film 'Rock That Uke' aren't you asmi? I have a copy too, it's fabulous. Really love Carmaig de Forest and Oliver Brown especially.

Just watched Soul Surfer... Really liked the movie..Quite a tear jerker and also had quite a few uke cameos...Saw like six or seven ukes in the movie including Koaloha concert, sceptre, and a six string Kamaka.

Just saw "Get Him to the Greek" The rock star "plays" a uke with dad but more importantly just tries not to drop it. I don't know what kind of uke it is

All I know is the movie was funny. Its definitely good for a laugh.

There's a ukulele on the fireplace mantle in Carl's house in the Pixar movie "Up".

And recently on 30 Rock, Liz Lemon's latest boyfriend plays ukulele.

Nobody has said anything about the movie "Blue Valentine" starring Ryan Gosling. He plays the ukulele SEVERAL times, and he even does a part where he woos Michelle Williams by singing, "You Always Hurt the One You Love". In the beginning, you also see a melodica. I seriously jumped for joy when I saw both the uke and the melodica; I own both. How often do you see that!?!? Not only that, but it's an exceptional movie. 88% on Rotten Tomatoes.

This is one from a friend of my bandleader's who was cast is an Apple commercial lately.

I've noticed the uke in a few movies but the ones that come to mind are those of George Formby and of course Laurel & Hardy.

Happy New Year! Here's a link to an animated movie which featured some uke playing - Hotel Transylvania starring: Adam Sandler, Selena Gomez, Andy Samberg, Kevin James, Fran Drescher, Cee-Lo Green, David Spade, Steve Buscemi, Molly Shannon, & David Koechner.

UU's very own Aldrine Guerrero was chosen by Sony Pictures Studios to play the uke for the part! Right on Bruddah Aldrine!!!:shaka:

http://www.sonypictures.com/previews/movies/hoteltransylvania/clips/4940/

PS I love you has a uke song right when she gets the final letter from her husband.

Just audio, no visual.

This may have been mentioned in this thread previously but I received George Harrison, Living in the Material World as a Christmas gift from my daughter and it had a lot of ukuleles and ukulele playing in it.

Not movies, but television shows...

Someone already mentioned Tiny Tim on Roseanne, but he also made several appearances on Laugh In playing the uke.

There was also an episode of Mama's Family where Vicki Lawrence plays a Ukulele.

Really associate informative journal it is! There area unit heap of data of contour wrap has been given during this journal that is basically useful for the skin additionally. Thanks ?

Top Bottom