Ukuleles in Movies

Sound Tracks

Almost forgot the "Into The Wild" sound track by Eddie Vedder.

In the first "Gidget" movie (yes I was watching it) there are a couple of times a ukulele is being strummed, (badly).

wasn't there a seen in Wild Hogs at the campfire where Dudley was fiddling around with a Martin concert or soprano?

Ever seen the Wild Hogs publicity thing on Oprah? William H. Macy got out a Flea and sang about what a crap movie it was. Got away with it because it was a uke. :) It's on Youtube I think.

In "Shallow Hal", Leeboy? idk his name, but the big guy plays a uke in one of the scenes when Hal goes looking for Rosemary.

Oh and Lilo and Stitch haha yay animated ukes. xP

more animated ukes in the cartoon movie Surf's Up. it was a coconut uke.

it's not a movie but spongebob squarepants plays one in the Camping episode and sings his original "Campfire Song Song"! One of the greatest episodes ever!

is that the "F-U-N song"?

F is for frolicing through all the flowers
U is for UKULELE. :)
N is for nose pickin, sharin gum and sand lickin
Down here with my best buddy!

haha fun. :D

There was this movie on a local movie channel last night called Charm School. It opened with Rainbow. That movie was one of those slightly weird ones that you think is gonna be bad, but was just a really nice little story and every actor you ever liked combined in one movie.

1805078369_da4f7a6f05.jpg

is that the "F-U-N song"?

F is for frolicing through all the flowers
U is for UKULELE. :)
N is for nose pickin, sharin gum and sand lickin
Down here with my best buddy!

haha fun. :D

F is for fire that burns down the whole town
U is for uranium!
N is for no survivors...

lol I like planktons version too. :D

--_SPOILER_--

Has anyone seen 'punch-drunk love' ?

When Adam Sandler --_SPOILER_-- goes to the store to see Seymour Hoffman's character in his shop , you'll see a ukulele in the office on a cabinet in the background.

i love lucy episode "little ricky gets stage fright" (was just one)

little ricky wouldnt go on stage unless he had a ukulele player =)
(so of course lucy plays it)

In "Shallow Hal", Leeboy? idk his name, but the big guy plays a uke in one of the scenes when Hal goes looking for Rosemary.

Oh and Lilo and Stitch haha yay animated ukes. xP

ah shallow hal, the reason I started playin ukulele. lol

ukes in movies

Ray, Since You Went Away, Please Don't Eat the Daises

Was watching TV the other night, the 1937 black and white movie "Stage Door" featured a uke for a short scene, played by Ginger Rogers. Some of my favorite uke momoents are from the 1930s so that was a nice surprise.

And ukulele is mentioned in an episode of "The Office" (I can't remember which one...). Dwight is playing guitar and Jim asks something like, "Where did Dwight learn how to play guitar?" and Pam laughs and says, "I think he thought his ukulele skills could cross over."

I love The Office but they were clearly making fun of uke playing... :(

PMS... an Ukulele players worst enemy

Owen Wilsons character in "You me and Dupree" plays an ukulele at the annoyance of his best friends wife. It seems that a dude's ukulele strumming is always cut short by the "insignificant other"!!

"Just let the vibrato of an ukulele melt the menstruation away"

"Australia" Hugh Jackman, Nicole Kidman

There were two scenes in the movie where I saw ukuleles.
Unfortunately neither of the stars played them.
The first was when the Chinese cook, Singsong, is playing around the camp fire.
The second scene has two ukulele players in a band at a ball.
I wonder if they could have been heard unamplified in real life?
There is also some ukulele music in the sound track that comes up throughout the movie.

How about Forgetting Sarah Marshall? There's a performance scene with a Uke, it's not really featured but it's there. And it's a good movie.

Very true! but if you also noticed EVERY scene when they were in the hotel lobby bruddah IZ is playing in the background!

Top Bottom