EugeneUkulele CD's

Yes please, share them. I'm happy to pay for a copy and I know other's here will be too. $10 or 15$ U.S.? Remember, there are mailing costs involved!

What about just making it downloadable as MP3's or aiff if they're not too big. Just have people pay you through paypal and you can use dropbox to host the files. 2GB accounts are free. All you have to do is send them an invite to the folder so they can download then you can unshare it once they are done. That way you only have to ship CD's to those who want them.

I really enjoyed the youtube performances and would definitely buy a DVD if you ever create one. I'd prefer that over a CD since I get to hear the music as well as see the ukes, the expressions, and see the actual playing. Your youtube videos are very entertaining.

wow everyone. you're spinning me out bigtime.

I was wondering, what do people really buy these days as far as music is concerned? I'm very firmly on old-school footing and still buy exclusively CDs and vinyl. But people say they download stuff straight off the net and don't go for the 'hard' copy Cds and sleeves / jackets as much anymore? So what is easier? I'm a technophobe and don't even know what an mp3 is. Honestly.

But I've had an incredibly generous offer from a fellow member to set up a website for me that would enable one to buy the discs in their sleeves and jackets too, but with the added option maybe of being able to download individual songs/records on their computers. Question is what would you guys be more likely to do?

I'm greedy, or awkward, take your pick lol. I like both to be honest - I like hard copies of cd's because I can take them in the car / motorhome, but I am impatient and so also like the download option rather than wait for something to arrive. I think, if I look at past purchases, I am more inclined to buy a cd than to download one and then transfer it to a cd myself, though able to if that was the only option. Having said that, I DO like to buy single song downloads too lol.

So a fat lot of use I am to you, I'm undecided which I'd buy lol ! Just asked my other half who immediately said have it sent here because it is 'easier' lol ! (we're a tad older than the average user here though!)

I will definitely buy some of your music!

For me, I think it would be easier (for you and for your customers) to be able to download MP3s off of a website.

I think it would be easier because: it would be instantaneous, save you the time of buying and burning CDs, save shipping (you are in Australia, I am in the US), etc.

To me, it seems like a win - win if you can get them downloadable from a website. Can't wait!

I didn't know you had CDs, and I definitely have some favorites of yours, so if it were customizable in that you can download any mix of songs that you want, that would also be great.

I didn't know you had CDs, and I definitely have some favorites of yours, so if it were customizable in that you can download any mix of songs that you want, that would also be great.

Thats a good idea - buy an albums worth of tracks that you can select from the sound clips ?

Exactly. Not that we don't love all of Jon's tunes, but we may prefer different mixes of songs.

thanks for responses you guys. Gee, I hope my benefactor isn't quivering in his boots at the work involved...you there Alex? :eek:

thanks for responses you guys. Gee, I hope my benefactor isn't quivering in his boots at the work involved...you there Alex? :eek:

I'm here! :p

Honestly? I would buy CD's. I really would.

I'm here! :p

Honestly? I would buy CD's. I really would.

Ha...cheers Bruddah Lexxy!!! I guess the person who has offered to help would like to keep their anonymity and I hardly blame them.

wow everyone. you're spinning me out bigtime.

Sounds like a line for a song there, brother!
But I've had an incredibly generous offer from a fellow member to set up a website for me that would enable one to buy the discs in their sleeves and jackets too, but with the added option maybe of being able to download individual songs/records on their computers. Question is what would you guys be more likely to do?

I would buy both - I've done that whenever available for all my uke tunes. Digital is easiest, but I like the possibility of "hard backup" of the originals as well. This from a man who still houses hundreds of vinyl w/no current setup to listen to them with!

Why dont you do both. but with the hard copies have a set limit like a 50 at first, like in ebay, to gauge the response and also so you dont have a ton of work and loads left over start small work way up what do you think?.

Dang, if I had known about the CDs before this I would have been willing to pony up a few more bucks and have you ship them with the Kamaka. I'm very intrigued about the CD artwork and would probably buy a CD versus just a download.

I buy both CDs and MP3s - but for the last few years probably 80% or more of my music purchases have been download. It's instant, convenient, and I need the digital files for my MP3 player anyway.

thanks everyone for your answers to the question. We will hopefully have a humble lil website up and running later in the week or early next week.

I'll let you know when it's ready and the music is available. Thanks again guys, you're all fantastic. :eek:

Jon, count me in. I have been purchasing many more mp3 downloads lately than CDs but would willingly buy CDs of your music. Please keep me in mind when you are ready to sell!!!

coz use da man!!

Allen

shucks....you guys are awesome. :eek:

Let me work out how I can photograph the sleeves and discs, and put up some tracklists for you. Maybe I do it on the marketplace section. heck, I normally just give them away to friends or sell cheap at the very small number of community gigs I get invited too, so honestly not sure what they're even worth, or what people pay for this kind of stuff.

They are homespun records, recorded into a single vocal mic, pretty much in trad folk territory with a few tunes from the early c20th. Ukulele, bass, mandolin, guitar, the occasional bit of (very dodgy) banjo and a handful of toy instruments, glockenspiel, music box...you get the idea. Heaps of fun to make, for sure. I make the sleeves all by hand at home and do the CD printing.

I'd love to post a sound sample for you guys, so you knew what you were in for, but I really have no idea how to do it.

Anyway, thanks for the nice words everybody. I will try and post some info in the marketplace section later today. I only have a handful left at the moment , so it will take me a few days to print some more up as it's pretty time consuming...bit of a labour of love I guess... :eek:

Maybe time to start up a bandcamp.com and sell em online cheap/free/whatever ?

I'm in. And remember: it's never too early to start your Christmas shopping ...

Top Bottom