What Ukulele are you currently playing?

I just got a Pono PKT2 so I'm playing that right now but I've also got 2 Kalas that I usually bounce between (spalted flamed maple tuned gCEA and a mango tuned GCEA). When I go out, I bring my Surf Fluke with me and I've got a few other lower-end ukes (mostly Mahalos) that I leave in different rooms in the house incase I ever have a spontaneous urge to play a few bars.

I got a johnson ... gratefully resting in peace now ;-) and play my Pono PTC cedar top, mahogany sides. It sounds awesome, strung hi-g, ko`olau golds. Real loud and mellow sounding.

I started out on a Lanikai LU-21c, and i still own it. I bought it for only about 80 bucks or so and man its a great uke. Especially since Kamaka's are like 500 and up. So great brand if your on a budget like me. But if your on "Baller Status" then grab a kamaka for sure lol!

I have just got a Bolivian uke which has the back, sides and neck made from one piece of wood. It's made by Adrian Villanueva and sounds as sweet as a nut, especially now I've put Aquilas on it. A real bargain, second hand from Forsyths in Manchester, UK for £70 with a padded gig bag thrown in. I'm in love. My Makala still gets a strumming now I've tuned it to A, D, F# and G for a jazzier sound. I'm in love!

I haven't bought my 'ukulele yet. But I am looking forward to be playing on a Lyon Washburn koa veener concert ukulele. It costs around $97.99. It will be my beginner ukulele and an early birthday present. It comes with a gig bag, extra strings, and a instructional book.

Top Bottom