What Ukulele are you currently playing?

There we go...

attachment.php

Custom Kanile'a Tenor, solid mango top, back and sides. Mahagony neck, mango headstock faceplate, ebony bridge and fretboard. Slanted headstock with grover black nickel tuners.

Nice. I really want to get a Kanilea too.

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. What a great company the Souzas have set up there...Kanile'a is great!

Custom Tenors (mine is a K2 level...) can be investigate here, including price, options, etc:

http://www.kanileaukulele.com/index8.html

im somewhat in the market for a custom uke. and ive been interested in the mango woods. do you have a video or sound clip of this uke being played? id love to hear how she sounds.

ya i remember reading on the Pono/Ko'olau website saying that mango has a tone thats comparable to mahogany and koa and has lots of different colors. i would love to hear a sound sample

ya i remember reading on the Pono/Ko'olau website saying that mango has a tone thats comparable to mahogany and koa and has lots of different colors. i would love to hear a sound sample

I actually don't have anything ready, but maybe I can record something this weekend and throw it up there. It sounds great, even if my playing doesn't! Lots of projection...sounds great for fingerpicking, but is a very lovely strummer as well.

I just recently got an Applause UAE20 for Christmas, its very nice for my playing ability, but I'm trying to raise the funds for a tenor uke.

Another applause owner here, I got a UA-10 as a belated 30th birthday present from my parents - it's quite a step up from the mahalo that I had previously been learning on. It looks simply fantastic too, really love it so far!

I quite fancy a fluke next with an interesting design on it, not sure whether I'd go for a concert or tenor yet. Not that it's an issue currently as I'm skint and have a wedding to pay for later this year!

Another applause owner here, I got a UA-10 as a belated 30th birthday present from my parents - it's quite a step up from the mahalo that I had previously been learning on. It looks simply fantastic too, really love it so far!

I quite fancy a fluke next with an interesting design on it, not sure whether I'd go for a concert or tenor yet. Not that it's an issue currently as I'm skint and have a wedding to pay for later this year!

Congrats on the wedding and the uke!!

Thanks - I'm equally excited about both!

Now, how can I involve a uke in the wedding itself....

You should do a uke solo or something. My brother got married just this last december and he asked me to play a song. So before the processional I played Jake's 'touch' (thanks to dominator for the help on that one!)

or maybe during the reception you could play and sing a love song with your uke!

There are a lot of really nice Ukuleles listed in this thread. I am currently playing an Ohana TK-20 Tenor Ukulele (http://www.ohana-music.com/TK-20.html) which I purchased from Giacoletti Music Center (http://www.carlsbadmusic.com/) in Carlsbad, CA .

TK-20-200x526.jpg

It has great tone and playability and as a beginner/intermediate player, I am happy with it. I am starting to save up for a higher dollar uke as funds allow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom