Tampa Bay Ukulele Getaway Nov 4-6 2011

I'll be there, uke in hand! I can't wait, I'm such a geek!

Our big festival is one week away and I'd like to share a few thoughts about this event.

• If you are planning to attend, please consider purchasing your tickets in advance via the festival website http://www.tampabayukulele.com. Last year, we had only a handful of tickets left to sell at the gate and we came close to selling out. Buying your tickets in advance also helps us with the planning process as lunch is included on both Saturday and Sunday.
• Don't forget that Friday night is free and includes several fun events including a beginner's workshop with Julie Austin, open mic with Big Jim Allen, a "Daily Ukulele" Jam Session and a screening of the acclaimed film The Mighty Uke. You can also purchase raffle tickets. This year we have nearly a dozen high quality ukuleles to give away, including a custom handmade LoPrinzi!
• Even if you can't attend the festival, you'll want to visit our vendor area which is open to the public and features an unparalleled ukulele shopping experience. This year we will have dozens of brands on display including new lines, custom builders, vintage collectibles and lots of accessories.
• Please remember that a portion of the proceeds go to the American Asperger's Association so when you buy your ticket you are not only helping support our ukulele club, you are helping to provide treatment and support for autistic children and their families.

The planning committee spent a lot of time coordinating this event and selecting artists that are great teachers as well as performers and our festival has a lot to offer players of all levels. I hope you will be joining us.

- Steve

Wish I could come, but in my line of work, I can't take off during the first few days of any month. Otherwise, I'd be right there!

Top Bottom