The "Luthier Appreciation Thread!"

I can't express enough love. I love all who have the patience and the drive to pursue their love of music and build gorgeous instruments. From hobbyists to full time professionals, you're all amazing!

Emil Bader Soprano Ukulele

I'd like to add Emil Bader from Honolulu to the list. I just received an awesome mango soprano from him today. The build quality is excellent - it's obvious he puts a lot of care and effort into them. The sound is also very nice. To top this off, Emil is one of the nicest folks I have ever dealt with. Communication with him was outstanding in spite of the six hour time difference (Hawaii to New Hampshire). Pricing for his instruments is also very reasonable.

I spent my entire lunch hour out back here at work "taking it for a test drive."

I'd also like to thank Pueo very much who put me in contact with Mr B!!

Attachments

• Mango Soprano 009.JPG
    Mango Soprano 009.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Mango Soprano 003.JPG
    Mango Soprano 003.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Mango Soprano 004.JPG
    Mango Soprano 004.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Mango Soprano 005.JPG
    Mango Soprano 005.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Mango Soprano 006.JPG
    Mango Soprano 006.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 34
My favorite luthier is Steve Van Pelt, as is my Van Pelt uke - Sinker Redwood Top, Koa Back & Sides Tenor.

Bruddah Steve's ukes have outstanding workmanship and sound amazing. He is extremely accommodating and friendly ... he embodies the "Aloha Spirit" and his customer service and communication is the best out of all the luthiers who I have delt with, by far!

Steve Van Pelt Redwood Koa Uke 4.jpg Steve Van Pelt Redwood Koa Uke 5.jpg

Steve Van Pelt Redwood Koa Uke 6.jpg Steve Van Pelt Redwood Koa Uke 8.jpg

Last edited:
Just picked up another Griffin tenor. Haven't had time to post a photo but there's some on his blog. griffinukuleles.com. This is my third uke from the man. Wonerful sound, wonderful woods and a wonderful, caring man.

Collings Guitars is, of course, a small shop, and Bill is one of my favorite luthiers. I'm very happy to own one of his tenor ukes. It's been an absolute joy to play. Here's a link to some pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/17140537/1/collingsuke?h=c62708

001.jpg

Regards,
Scott

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Top Bottom