Thread: Kamaka Gold Label

Default Kamaka Gold Label

I just bought this soprano kamaka gold label. It is need of some TLC, am still deciding to contact the kamaka factory to get it repaired or to find a local guy to do it.... Any advise...?
    Kala KA-C Concert, Kala Pineapple, Custom Made Solid Koa Tenor, Kamaka Soprano Gold Label

Nice purchase. I am really diggin the wood grain on this uke.
    Maybe you could show some pictures of it at the luthiers lounge to get some advice on what to do to fix the uke. Good luck.
    Ukulele is more than just a hobby. Its a way of life.

hi evestar

probably need more detailed pictures to really get an adequate picture of what the problems are / may be

If it's just a couple of hairline cracks on the face and a regluing of the bridge, a local luthier should have no probs doing that.

Waiting time for repairs at Kamaka is around 12 months so that probably answers that question anyway!!!

All the best with it. Beautiful old uke for sure.

Aloha Eve,
    Give Kamaka a call and discuss the matter..it might take long, but you will get it back in the best condition and for a good price..well worth it ....
    Kamaka Hawaii, Inc.
    550 South Street
    Honolulu, Hawaii 96813-5010
    Tele- (808)531-3165
    Email: mail@kamakahawaii.com
    Good Luck and Hope it helps.. MM Stan

Good luck with it. A Kamaka is my dream uke!
    4 Strings made of nylon, always put a smile on, anybody's face who's feeling blue....

www.gotaukulele.com - uke reviews, songs, tips & tricks for beginners!

Uke beginner? My beginners handbooks!

Call Kamaka. They will ask you to send them the uke, they will look at it and then call you to let you how much it will cost. The wait time on repairs is not too long. I sent them a vintage pineapple that had 5 cracks on the top and bottom and they fixed it in 1 1/2 months. To me it is best to have Kamaka fix a Kamaka!!
    Maui no ka oi !!!!!
    Kamaka HF-3, Vintage 1935 Kamaka Pineapple, Kanile'a Deluxe 6 string Tenor, Kamaka 1996 HF-38, Makala Concert

Sometimes going to a local luthier is better if you have someone that you know of that specializes in restoring old instruments. I'm sure Kamaka will do a great job, but may not be worth the hassle if there's someone local who can do just as good of one. If it's just the bridge and a few hairline cracks it may not be that big a deal.

Thank you so much for all your replies. I will follow your advise and so some more research that said I am pretty keen to get it restored by Kamaka...
    Thanks again!!
    Kala KA-C Concert, Kala Pineapple, Custom Made Solid Koa Tenor, Kamaka Soprano Gold Label

Thread Information