Jake Shimabukuro Tab book :)

PedalFreak

Reaction score
Just asked my Hal Leonard rep about this, if she had heard anything about it, and if she could tell me about it.

I got this reply: "It looks like we are working on that book. I have been told it should be done late August or September."

Thought there would be a lot of people interested in knowing that :)

It's been a long time coming, but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. Even as itsme said "we don't stand much of a chance of being able to really play his version" we can still do our own versions.

Thanks for the info, but I will believe it when I see it. This book has been in the making for some time now and I have heard many "release" dates. I hope this time is for real.

I have been looking forward to purchasing this book for ages thank you for the info. I can only expect amazing things.

I NEEEED THAT BOOOK!

Think they will ship it to Cambodia? lol

I used to really wish for such a tab book, but at this point in time, I actually derive more fun trying to figure out Jake's arrangements myself by watching videos and listening to his albums.

It would be nice to just point people to such a tab book when I get requests for Blue Roses Falling tabs though. LOL! (seriously, what's up with all the people who want tabs to Blue Roses Falling??? It seems like 95% of the Youtube messages I get is asking for tabs to Blue Roses Falling...)

Thanks for the info, but I will believe it when I see it. This book has been in the making for some time now and I have heard many "release" dates. I hope this time is for real.
I agree with you. I can't believe it this time either.

Just asked my Hal Leonard rep about this, if she had heard anything about it, and if she could tell me about it.

I got this reply: "It looks like we are working on that book. I have been told it should be done late August or September."

Thought there would be a lot of people interested in knowing that :)

Does anyone have any update on the book? It's September already :(

the Jake iPad app has the tab for Gently Weeps (and Pianoforte) that scrolls beneath the video lesson, so I'm thinking this is quite possible now.

Here's some previous comments regarding the Tab Book . . . with Jake's schedule, it be hard telling when it'll be completed.

He's working on a tab book. Sweet!

I don't recognize it right off. It doesn't matter much at this point. If it's a Jake composition, no tab is readily available. There's some good news though. Jake is working on a book of his arrangements. No idea when it'll be ready though.

Jake is working on a tab book right now. I don't know when it will be out, but I can't wait.

Jake told me in last June that he thought his tab book would be out in early 2010. Which is now..so, I don't know what the current status is on, but hopefully it will be out soon.

If you're referring to his tab book, he's still working on it. I interviewed him in January and he said he was still tackling the tablature format.

Here's some previous comments regarding the Tab Book . . . with Jake's schedule, it be hard telling when it'll be completed.

Jake has approved the book, it is in Hal Leonards hands :) They've been working on formating the book. From what I've been told, it's about done. They'll hold it for final approval, "release" it at NAMM in January, and stores should have it by April 2012 :)

It's here!!!!!! Or, at least, it will be here in April!!!!!!

http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movies-Music-Games/Jake-Shimabukuro-Paperback/6386899/product.html?cid=202290&kid=9553000357392&track=pspla&adtype=pla&kw={keyword}

Amazon has this to say about it:

Jake Shimabukuro - Peace Love Ukulele
Our folio features note-for-note transcriptions of all of Jake's amazing playing on this 2011 release that features 12 tracks: Bohemian Rhapsody * Boy Meets Girl * Bring Your Adz * Hallelujah * Pianoforte 2010 * Variation on a Dance 2010 * While My Guitar Gently Weeps * and more. "In the hands of Shimabukuro, the traditional Hawaiian instrument of four strings and two octaves is stretched and molded into a complex and bold new musical force. On an album like his new Peace Love Ukulele, Jake and his uke effortlessly (it seems) mix jazz, rock, classical, traditional Hawaiian music and folk, creating a sound that's both technically masterful and emotionally powerful...and utterly unique in the music world." -Amazon editorial review.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what songs will be in the book?

Our folio features note-for-note transcriptions of all of Jake's amazing playing on this 2011 release that features 12 tracks: Bohemian Rhapsody * Boy Meets Girl * Bring Your Adz * Hallelujah * Pianoforte 2010 * Variation on a Dance 2010 * While My Guitar Gently Weeps * and more. "In the hands of Shimabukuro, the traditional Hawaiian instrument of four strings and two octaves is stretched and molded into a complex and bold new musical force. On an album like his new Peace Love Ukulele, Jake and his uke effortlessly (it seems) mix jazz, rock, classical, traditional Hawaiian music and folk, creating a sound that's both technically masterful and emotionally powerful...and utterly unique in the music world." -Amazon editorial review.

**must have pressed "submit" at the same time, Dave

Thanks for the heads up - I just preordered it from Amazon too

Top Bottom