Tamaine Gardner charged with DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have zero sympathy for drunk drivers. No excuse. Lost 2 family members to one.

I'm not defending drunk driving, but according to the article she did have the right of way. It was the police officer who went thru a red light. I know they will do that when responding to a call, but they are responsible for doing so safely.

I'm not saying you can drink and drive....or driving drunk is acceptable.. but the law states if you are drunk and get in an accident...the fault is yours.....I think...
Even if your response is slower after drinking...it could happen when you are sober too, slow response isn't illegal. If the officer wasn't using caution and just relying on her lights
and sirens and being a hazard it's soo wrong and unacceptable...and that she didn't get disciplined... it is a way for them to protect themselves legally...sooo wrong... jus my thoughts..
As For Taimane, yes they grow up fast and it was so unfortunate..why they had to mention her private life, that's the media for you....

Hopefully not with you hitting a police car.

True. It is a shame that she had the bad judgement to drive under the influence. Hopefully she will learn her lesson and that others will avoid doing what she has done.

According to the article, the officer slowed to an almost complete stop in the intersection when she was hit.

I don't have any other details, but I had a similar incident while responding to a call as the Fire Chief. Lights, Sirens, slowed to a crawl (speed didn't even register on the speedometer,) car came through the intersection from the left at or slightly faster than speed limit, took off my front bumper.

She said she didn't see me - all other traffic had stopped, and she actually went around them - no issues...

UNTIL the drive behind her claimed that I had blasted through the intersection without any lights or siren, and didn't look.

Unfortunately, not one other driver stopped after the collision.

When they gave her a breathalyzer, I insisted on one as well. I blew a 0.00; she blew a 0.02 - legal, but had a beer 1-2 hours before.

No charges files either way, but I'm still p.o.ed about the accusation of unsafe operation of an emergency vehicle.

-Kurt

I have zero sympathy for drunk drivers. No excuse. Lost 2 family members to one.

I'm with you. Haven't lost any family members, but many have. The issue is not how the police officer was driving, it is that the lady was DUI. It should be simple, DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE. PERIOD. There, I feel better now.

Lost a family member. Same. Don't drink and drive.

I am sorry for your loss. I am always concerned when I see motorist weaving all over the road.

I'm not defending drunk driving, but according to the article she did have the right of way. It was the police officer who went thru a red light. I know they will do that when responding to a call, but they are responsible for doing so safely.

and according to the article the officer was almost at a stop running blue lights and siren. That is how you are supposed to go through the red light.

sad thing is, she will probably walk away from this with little to no punishment but I hope she learns from it (if she was DUI).
There was a baseball player here in atlanta that got a dui and walked away with nothing. celebrities get away with murder sometimes.

It must be painful to be identified publicly for doing something that stupid, but I hope she considers herself extremely lucky that nobody got hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom