Eugene's "IDIOT BOX BONANZA"

As expected, those top bits were GOLD- so glad Wolfy got that one in under the gun. Tons of fun there folks, and congrats to the winners- thanks for the bash Jon. Great stuff herein :)

Congrats all and thanks for hosting the Eugene Ukulele Idiot Box Bonanza! It was fun to watch what everyone did and gave me a reason to learn and record a song.

Thanks!

Thanks Eugene and Ed for an amazing contest and generous prizes. Well done to all that entered, so many great videos that have entertained us all. Congratulations to those who won a prize. Thanks for watching.

Love to you all.

Last edited:
well done everybody and looks like the Ken Timms is coming home to Ingerland.

I should probably take a break from contests here for a bit, have never worked so hard for a DVD.

Cheers,
Christian

and, to any uu members that happen to find themselves in eureka springs, arkansas,
stop by my cafe, sparky's, if you bring your uke, i'll buy you a beer!
trying to get the uke scene started here in the ozark mountains!

Last edited:
it'll take some good luck and some really extra special playing to win against alabama!
hey! how about some college fight songs on ukulele! could be a challenge! beer points!
but i digress!
i tied for 6th! woohoo! thanks eugene! really! love the contests! thanks!

Great job SmokeyStubbs!!
Will get the Ken Timms uke posted off to you!
Great job on the contest Eugene - some tough judging work!
Ed

And BIG BIG thanks to you Ed, for your amazing generosity which really up-ed the stakes in the contest. Cheers brother! :)

hardest working losers in showbiz

it'll take some good luck and some really extra special playing to win against alabama!
hey! how about some college fight songs on ukulele! could be a challenge! beer points!
but i digress!
i tied for 6th! woohoo! thanks eugene! really! love the contests! thanks!

Right on Dave, this contest makes us the hardest working losers in showbiz.
Do you serve Absinth- if so, my and the Pink Panther might be coming over for a few- we really need it and it's only a sixteen hour drive- and get us a guitar on the way in Nashville to get over the 4 strings of pain.

Cheers,
Christian

Congrats SmokeyStubbs
Well done and well deserved.
Also congrats to all who entered. IMO there were no losers in this contest.
Thanks Ed for donating the ukulele. I'm sure SmokeyStubbs will put it to good use. Thanks Eugene for this great contest and all your hard work and for donating the DVDs and CDs.
I'm leaving for Milwaukee uke fest tomorrow morning so I won't be my computer for a couple days after that. let me know what I need to do to submit my choices so I don't gum up the works by being absent.:cool:

congrats CB

Congrats SmokeyStubbs
Well done and well deserved.
Also congrats to all who entered. IMO there were no losers in this contest.
Thanks Ed for donating the ukulele. I'm sure SmokeyStubbs will put it to good use. Thanks Eugene for this great contest and all your hard work and for donating the DVDs and CDs.
I'm leaving for Milwaukee uke fest tomorrow morning so I won't be my computer for a couple days after that. let me know what I need to do to submit my choices so I don't gum up the works by being absent.:cool:

... I am glad the very first entry got some recognition and not Just the last minute entries of the extended deadline.

hey

another fun contest...

thanks again eugene and ed.

congrats every one and especially to smokeystubbs... good for you man...

peace eor

congrats Smokey, that video totaly deserved to win first place! lol I am in awe of your video production skills :p

2nd place for me?? no way!! :D thanks so much!!

and congrats to all the winners and participants and thanks for all the wonderful fun videos, all very entertaining. Special thanks for all the effort holding this contest and generous prizes, and plenty for the runners up to , that is so cool of you guys :cool:

Thats what some people called me in college! Gilligan or Maynard G!
cool lol you've got the Maynard style beard ;) Im a huge Bob Denver fan of course

@TCK thanks I'm realy glad you enjoyed the video, my 'cast' had a lot of fun and laughs making it too. I hope everyone had as much fun making their videos as I did, a lot of work but worth it if it makes people smile :)

Thanks for all the kind words and congrats. When I saw Wolfy Bau's entry, I thought it was gonna win it for sure, so entertaining. It was so close at the end, 1 point in it :eek: I am a very lucky boy.
Thanks again to everyone involved, you're amazing.

Thanks for all the kind words and congrats. When I saw Wolfy Bau's entry, I thought it was gonna win it for sure, so entertaining. It was so close at the end, 1 point in it :eek: I am a very lucky boy.
Thanks again to everyone involved, you're amazing.

lol thanks gee I realy didnt expect to score too high, I guess when its your own stuff its easy to be critical because you intimately know and reflect on all your mistakes. But its a good learning process.

the Munsters one realy was a run for the money too, the uke bass is too cool. and th ending was hilarious. that one so early on realy set the barr high for the whole contest!
but there were so many good ones each one with its own special stuff, sheesh like apples and oranges, so hard to choose.

it was realy nice to see all the first time videos congrats to those who felt inspired so inspired :)

I also think it goes to show, while some of us use some fancy little video tricks and what not, there is a lot you can do with just a few props, costumes and a little emagination. some of the best professional music videos and movies are done this way too. thats what i love out our 3rd place winner, simply a microphone with a single light for most of the video, but it so fit the way they were used, sparce and atomopheric, and with the performance = brilliance.

Video killed the Ukulele star

Wolfy, you Certainly have a point, it was still a bit video killed the radio star 80s MTV syndrome again, but then again the theme was TV.

lol thanks gee I realy didnt expect to score too high, I guess when its your own stuff its easy to be critical because you intimately know and reflect on all your mistakes. But its a good learning process.

the Munsters one realy was a run for the money too, the uke bass is too cool. and th ending was hilarious. that one so early on realy set the barr high for the whole contest!
but there were so many good ones each one with its own special stuff, sheesh like apples and oranges, so hard to choose.

it was realy nice to see all the first time videos congrats to those who felt inspired so inspired :)

I also think it goes to show, while some of us use some fancy little video tricks and what not, there is a lot you can do with just a few props, costumes and a little emagination. some of the best professional music videos and movies are done this way too. thats what i love out our 3rd place winner, simply a microphone with a single light for most of the video, but it so fit the way they were used, sparce and atomopheric, and with the performance = brilliance.

Top Bottom